Advanced Medical Assistant - Anti-Coag Clinic - East Valley
If you are seeking to join a stable and established organization with high employee and patient satisfaction ratings, then Tri-City Cardiology is for you! Tri-City Cardiology has been serving the healthcare needs of the East Valley for 40 years.
We are searching for a caring and compassionate Medical Assistant to join our dynamic team! If you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment for a company that truly cares about the service provided to their patients and putting quality care first, this may be an ideal position for you!
This position is based at our Baywood clinic location (Power Rd./Broadway).
Tri-City Cardiology has a vision “To be among the best providers of cardiovascular care in the entire country and be a place where employees want to work, patients want to receive care and physicians want to practice.”
Consistent with our vision, we constantly strive to improve our employee satisfaction. Tri-City Cardiology has been voted a Top Place to Work by the Phoenix Business Journal. Annual employee satisfaction surveys are conducted to obtain feedback on how we can continue to make Tri-City Cardiology the best place to work.
Join our exceptional team of Medical Assistants in this stable specialty within the healthcare industry!
This position is responsible for the accurate monitoring and interpretation of lab values pertaining to anticoagulant agents and subsequent dosing of those agents per protocol for patients of Tri City Cardiology physicians.
- Perform complete clinical assessment and documentation according to department expectations and based on individual patient findings.
- Ability to determine Warfarin dosing and care plan based on clinical assessment and individual patient findings.
- Knowledge of the new oral anticoagulant (NOAC) medications and NOAC therapy management.
- Ability to assess and provide a plan of care for patients receiving a bridging agent.
- Provide patient with accurate instructions of anticoagulant medication management.
- Provide education to patients regarding safe and proper use of anticoagulation therapy.
- Comply with TCC and ACCP guidelines with patient care and INR/Warfarin management.
- Perform INR testing on patients via finger stick.
- Work within scope of practice for a medical assistant. Utilize RN’s and physicians for processes outside scope of practice.
- Responsible for coordination of peri-procedural requirements for patients on anticoagulants with multiple departments in the organization. Assists with collaboration with provider and ensuring surgical clearance process is completed.
Note: The essential functions outlined in this job description are intended to describe the general content and requirements of the position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the position.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Medical Assistant diploma
- Cardiology experience required.
- Current BLS certification (must be obtained in 90 days if not current)
- 40 wpm typing
- Completion of Anticoagulation Certification within one year of employment.
- Demonstrated critical thinking ability in order to resolve problems and carry out instructions.
- Ability to deal with issues involving several variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to multi task.
- Excellent verbal communication skills in an effective, clear, calm, friendly and professional manner. Demonstrates a high sense of urgency at all times.
- Ability to effectively communicate to all internal and external customers.
- Manages tasks in a timely fashion.
- Knowledge of basic computer and math skills.
- Ability to read and interpret documents including the anticoagulation policy and procedure manuals.
- Knowledge of anticoagulation management preferred.
- Medical Assistant certification preferred.
In addition to fostering a positive work environment with internal career growth opportunities for our employees, we offer a generous comprehensive Total Rewards Package that includes:
- Competitive wages
- Monday-Friday work schedules
- Health, Dental & Vision Coverage (1st of the month following 60 days of employment for full-time, regular employees)**
- 401(k) retirement plan**
- Paid Time Off (PTO)**
- Paid Sick Leave (PSL)
- 7 Company Paid Holidays**
- 100% Company Paid Life Insurance**
- Supplemental Insurance**
- Health and Wellness Program with incentives attached**
- Employee Assistance Programs**
- Opportunities for quarterly bonus incentives**
- Employee discounts
**Available for full-time, regular employees of Tri-City Cardiology after meeting certain eligibility requirements
Tri-City Cardiology is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal employment opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.
For more information about career opportunities with Tri-City Cardiology, please visit our career site at: jobs.tricitycardiology.com
About Tri City Cardiology
At Tri-City Cardiology, patient satisfaction is a top priority. Our team of physicians and staff are dedicated to providing you with high quality care and outstanding patient service so that every encounter is a positive experience! Each of the 24 board-certified physicians on the staff of Tri-City Cardiology are dedicated to bringing only the best cardiology and vascular care to their patients in the Phoenix Metro area. Each one is a leader in his or her field of specialty, many earning the distinction of “Top Doctor” recognition by Phoenix Magazine since the practice was established in 1979. As graduates from some of the nation’s leading medical schools and fellowship programs. The Tri-City Cardiology team of physicians enjoys a national reputation for excellence and achievement.
At Tri-City Cardiology, patient satisfaction and quality care is a top priority. To maintain the highest degree of patient confidence, the practice relies on the Press Ganey system for scoring patient satisfaction. Our physicians are focused on providing quality cardiovascular services based on the clinic guidelines established by their specialty boards.and fellowship programs, the Tri-City Cardiology team of physicians enjoys a national reputation for excellence and achievement.
Our physicians work closely with East Valley hospitals to bring state-of-the-art diagnostic, treatment and preventative services to the community.
Pay: $16 to $20/hour
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 19-062