Advanced Medical Assistant - Vascular - Scottsdale
Are you a caring and compassionate Medical Assistant focused on finding a company that truly cares about the service provided to their patients and putting quality care first? Do you like to work in a fast paced environment and have a strong sense of urgency? If so, then we want you!
We are currently searching for an experienced Advanced Medical Assistant for our Vein Center. This position will be based at our North Scottsdale office (101/Frank Lloyd Wright area).
This position assists physicians with patient care in the Vein Clinic and general medical office setting through the performance of all Medical Assistant activities. This position works collaboratively with Back and Front Office Personnel, Site Manager, Back Office Supervisor, Physicians, and all ancillary services.
The incumbents in this position perform all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements. Adhering to the requirement in the employee handbook as well as adhering to Tri City’s Standards of Behavior is required.
- Assists the Vein Clinic Coordinator with the Vein Clinic Schedule for both US Studies and VNUS Ablation Procedures.
- Coordinates the patients course of treatment in the Vein clinic by:
- providing procedure education
- scheduling appropriate appointments for US studies, procedures, and follow up visits
- Submits documentation to the Authorization department for procedure authorization
- Assists the physicians with VNUS Procedures by prepping the room, supplies, and the patient utilizing proper Sterile Technique.
- Obtains vitals and any pertinent patient information pre, peri, and post procedure with proper documentation in the electronic health record.
- Performs post procedural follow up phone calls to patients.
- Promptly addresses patient concerns via telephone or tasks as they relate to procedure education and counseling.
- Works with physician to ensure accurate reporting of procedure and documentation of patient symptoms in electronic health record.
- Works with ultrasound technicians to optimize schedules.
- Performs stocking fittings on patients and appropriately charges on the fee ticket in NextGen.
Note: The essential functions of the job are intended to describe the general content and requirements of the position and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Medical Assistant diploma.
- Current BLS certification (must be obtained in 90 days if not current)
- 40 wpm typing
- Demonstrated critical thinking ability in order to resolve problems and carry out instructions.
- Ability to multi task.
- Excellent verbal communication skills in an effective, clear, calm, friendly and professional manner. Demonstrates a high sense of urgency at all times.
- Ability to effectively communicate to all internal and external customers.
- Manages tasks in a timely fashion.
- Knowledge of basic computer and math skills.
- Ability to read and interpret documents.
- Previous MA (advance) experience preferred.
- Medical Assistant certification preferred.
- Knowledge of experience with sterile technique preferred.
- Knowledge of basic venous anatomy preferred.
We offer a comprehensive compensation package that includes competitive salaries as well as:
- Health, Dental & Vision coverage (1st of the month following 60 days of employment)
- Company Sponsored Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- PTO (vacation, sick & personal time off)
- Company Paid Holidays
- Employee Recognition & Rewards Programs with opportunities to earn gift cards and additional PTO!
Pay: $16 to $20/hour
Job Status: Full Time