Authorization Specialist I - Medical Billing - East Mesa
If you are seeking to join a stable and established organization with high employee and patient satisfaction ratings, then Tri-City Cardiology is for you! Tri-City Cardiology has been serving the healthcare needs of the East Valley for 40 years.
We are searching for an Insurance Authorization Specialist to join our dynamic team. This position supports our Authorization Specialist Level II Team and offers the opportunity for potential cross-training and advancement in to a level II role. If you are passionate about providing the highest level of customer service and patient care, we want to speak with you!
Tri-City Cardiology has a vision “To be among the best providers of cardiovascular care in the entire country and be a place where employees want to work, patients want to receive care and physicians want to practice.”
Consistent with our vision, we constantly strive to improve our employee satisfaction. Tri-City Cardiology has been voted a Top Place to Work by the Phoenix Business Journal. Annual employee satisfaction surveys are conducted to obtain feedback on how we can continue to make Tri-City Cardiology the best place to work.
This position will be based at our Administrative Office location (Power Rd/US 60). Due to business needs, the schedule for this position is 7am-4pm January-June and 8am-5pm July-December.
This position provides daily support for the financial services of our patients. Incumbents perform daily verification of patient financial information, call patients for notification of out-of-pocket (up-front cash) obligations based upon information provided by the verification process prior to check-in for the visit.
- Verifies patient eligibility with insurance companies and third party vendors.
- Obtains authorizations (MedSolutions, Navinet, AIM, etc.) for office visits, testing, cardiac rehabilitation, and any other outside facility procedure requiring authorizations and/or referral in a timely manner.
- Answers all incoming calls, updating demographic and insurance information.
- Explains TCC’s financial policy to patients and discusses financial responsibilities including co-pays, coinsurances, deductibles and time of service payments. Documents all conversations to assist front office with collections.
- Assists other departments with adding correct insurance information into patient charts.
- Ensures physician documentation supports payer requirements for authorization processing.
- Ensures follow through on peer-to-peer requests. Creates appeal letters when necessary.
Note: The essential functions outlined in this job description are intended to describe the general content and requirements of the position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the position.
- High school diploma or GED.
- 40 wpm typing
- Familiarity with insurance and payors
- Knowledge of basic computer and math skills.
- Demonstrated critical thinking ability in order to resolve problems and carry out instructions.
- Ability to multi task.
- Excellent verbal communication skills in an effective, clear, calm, friendly and professional manner.
- Ability to effectively communicate to all internal and external customers.
- Manages tasks in a timely fashion.
- Ability to read and interpret documents.
- Two to five years of experience with insurance companies preferred.
In addition to fostering a positive work environment with internal career growth opportunities for our employees, we offer a generous comprehensive Total Rewards Package that includes:
- Competitive wages
- Monday-Friday work schedules*
- Health, Dental & Vision Coverage (1st of the month following 60 days of employment for full-time, regular employees)**
- 401(k) retirement plan**
- Paid Time Off (PTO)**
- Paid Sick Leave (PSL)
- 7 Company Paid Holidays**
- 100% Company Paid Life Insurance**
- Supplemental Insurance**
- Health and Wellness Program with incentives attached**
- Employee Assistance Programs**
- Opportunities for quarterly bonus incentives**
- Employee discounts
**Available for full-time, regular employees of Tri-City Cardiology after meeting certain eligibility requirements
Tri-City Cardiology is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal employment opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.
For more information about career opportunities with Tri-City Cardiology, please visit our career site at: jobs.tricitycardiology.com
About Tri City Cardiology
At Tri-City Cardiology, patient satisfaction is a top priority. Our team of physicians and staff are dedicated to providing you with high quality care and outstanding patient service so that every encounter is a positive experience! Each of the 24 board-certified physicians on the staff of Tri-City Cardiology are dedicated to bringing only the best cardiology and vascular care to their patients in the Phoenix Metro area. Each one is a leader in his or her field of specialty, many earning the distinction of “Top Doctor” recognition by Phoenix Magazine since the practice was established in 1979. As graduates from some of the nation’s leading medical schools and fellowship programs. The Tri-City Cardiology team of physicians enjoys a national reputation for excellence and achievement.
To maintain the highest degree of patient confidence, the practice relies on the Press Ganey system for scoring patient satisfaction. Our physicians are focused on providing quality cardiovascular services based on the clinic guidelines established by their specialty boards.and fellowship programs, the Tri-City Cardiology team of physicians enjoys a national reputation for excellence and achievement.
Our physicians work closely with East Valley hospitals to bring state-of-the-art diagnostic, treatment and preventative services to the community.
Pay: $12 to $15/hour
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 19-024