Cardiac Device Specialist- East Valley
If you are seeking to join a stable and established organization with high employee and patient satisfaction ratings, then Tri-City Cardiology is for you! Tri-City Cardiology has been serving the healthcare needs of the East Valley for 40 years.
Due to growth, we are looking for a Cardiac Device Specialist to join our dynamic team. This department works closely with highly skilled staff, electrophysiologists and cardiologists to manage cardiac device needs. If you have a strong knowledge base in rhythm recognition, cardiology and implantable cardiac devices, this may be an ideal position for you!
Tri-City Cardiology has a vision “To be among the best providers of cardiovascular care in the entire country and be a place where employees want to work, patients want to receive care and physicians want to practice.”
Consistent with our vision, we constantly strive to improve our employee satisfaction. Tri-City Cardiology has been voted a Top Place to Work by the Phoenix Business Journal. Annual employee satisfaction surveys are conducted to obtain feedback on how we can continue to make Tri-City Cardiology the best place to work.
Join our exceptional Device team in a role that offers clinical and technical growth and development in electrophysiology which is an advancing and stable specialty within the healthcare industry!
This position is responsible for functions within the Device Department to assist the physicians with the management of cardiac devices for the patients of Tri-City Cardiology.
- Conduct initial and follow-up device interrogations and programming to achieve problem resolution in collaboration with and general supervision of a provider and within scope of knowledge at multiple locations.
- Proficient in the use of St Jude, Medtronic, Boston Scientific, Biotronik and ELA programmers.
- Management of remote device checks, alerts and patient enrollment, equipment requests utilizing Merlin, Latitude, Carelink and Biotronik websites.
- Responsible for remaining current on knowledge of implantable ICD’s, pacemakers, loop recorders and CRT/ICM devices for multiple manufacturers.
- To ensure quality management employee utilizes Device Representatives and Providers if an issue is outside the scope of knowledge or general practice.
- Acts as a resource and technical support of the physicians, peers, Device Technician, Clinical Care Coordinator and various support staff within the organization.
- Requires effective collaboration and communication with departmental and interdepartmental team members, company representatives and providers.
- Requires knowledge and ability to review, document and summarize of all acquired device information to be sent to provider for review.
- Assists and is a technical resource for process management of device recalls and advisories.
- Responds to all department emergencies as a BLS/ACLS certified employee.
Note: The essential functions outlined in this job description are intended to describe the general content and requirements of the position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the position.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Medical assistant, certified nursing assistant, exercise physiologist or related clinical experience.
- Medical assistant diploma, nursing assistant certification or clinical credentials required.
- Cardiology experience required.
- EKG knowledge required.
- ACLS certification required (must obtain within 90 days if not current).
- Background in basic rhythm identification.
- Experience performing and interpreting new and follow-up device checks including, pacemakers, ICDs and CRT devices.
- 40 wpm typing.
- Proven effective training experience.
- Demonstrated critical thinking ability in order to resolve problems and carry out instructions.
- Ability to multi task.
- Excellent verbal communication skills in an effective, clear, calm, friendly and professional manner.
- Ability to effectively communicate to all internal and external customers.
- Manages tasks in a timely fashion.
- Knowledge of basic computer and math skills.
- Ability to read and interpret documents.
- Completion of EKG course preferred.
- One year experience in device experience preferred.
In addition to fostering a positive work environment with internal career growth opportunities for our employees, we offer a generous comprehensive Total Rewards Package that includes:
- Competitive wages
- Monday-Friday work schedules
- Health, Dental & Vision Coverage (1st of the month following 60 days of employment for full-time, regular employees)**
- 401(k) retirement plan**
- Paid Time Off (PTO)**
- Paid Sick Leave (PSL)
- 7 Company Paid Holidays**
- 100% Company Paid Life Insurance**
- Supplemental Insurance**
- Health and Wellness Program with incentives attached**
- Employee Assistance Programs**
- Opportunities for quarterly bonus incentives**
- Employee discounts
**Available for full-time, regular employees of Tri-City Cardiology after meeting certain eligibility requirements
Tri-City Cardiology is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal employment opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.
For more information about career opportunities with Tri-City Cardiology, please visit our career site at: jobs.tricitycardiology.com
About Tri City Cardiology
At Tri-City Cardiology, patient satisfaction is a top priority. Our team of physicians and staff are dedicated to providing you with high quality care and outstanding patient service so that every encounter is a positive experience! Each of the 24 board-certified physicians on the staff of Tri-City Cardiology are dedicated to bringing only the best cardiology and vascular care to their patients in the Phoenix Metro area. Each one is a leader in his or her field of specialty, many earning the distinction of “Top Doctor” recognition by Phoenix Magazine since the practice was established in 1979. As graduates from some of the nation’s leading medical schools and fellowship programs. The Tri-City Cardiology team of physicians enjoys a national reputation for excellence and achievement.
To maintain the highest degree of patient confidence, the practice relies on the Press Ganey system for scoring patient satisfaction. Our physicians are focused on providing quality cardiovascular services based on the clinic guidelines established by their specialty boards.and fellowship programs, the Tri-City Cardiology team of physicians enjoys a national reputation for excellence and achievement.
Our physicians work closely with East Valley hospitals to bring state-of-the-art diagnostic, treatment and preventative services to the community.
This position requires weekly travel to interoffice TCC device clinics located at our other offices. Mileage reimbursement is provided.
Pay: $25.82 to $34.57/hour
We offer a comprehensive compensation package that includes competitive salaries as well as:* Health Benefits* Dental Benefits* Vision Coverage* Long Term Disability* Company Sponsored Life Insurance* 401(k) Program (Company contribution up to 5% of annual salary)* PTO (vacation, sick and personal time off)* Paid Holidays
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 18-039