Cardiac Monitoring Service Medical Assistant
Are you a caring and compassionate Medical Assistant focused on finding a company that truly cares about the service provided to their patients and putting quality care first? Do you like to work in a fast paced environment and have a strong sense of urgency? If so, then we want you!
This position is based at our Dobson/US 60 location in Mesa with travel required 1 day a week to our N. Scottsdale office. We offer a great Monday-Friday schedule!
This position provides cardiac monitoring and other back office diagnostic services to patients per physician orders. This position works collaboratively with Back and Front Office Personnel, Back Office Supervisor, Physicians, and all ancillary services.
The incumbents in this position perform all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements. Adhering to the requirement in the employee handbook as well as adhering to Tri City’s Standards of Behavior is required.
DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Performs cardiac monitoring services (Holter, Event, and MCOT), ECG, BP and Pulse Ox Checks as ordered by the providers. Completes required documentation for physician review and billing of all services performed.
- Ensures high patient satisfaction with cardiac monitoring services by providing education and troubleshooting to ensure an optimal patient diagnostic study.
- Provides support to patients during long term cardiac monitoring via phone support to ensure success with their monitoring devices. Serves as a liaison between the patient and the monitoring service.
- Works closely with Triage for any critical patient events and to optimize utilization of the monitor’s once adequate clinical data is obtained for the provider.
- Performs quality assurance checks on equipment to ensure successful recordings for each patient.
- Ensures final reports are available in a timely manner from the monitoring service for physician interpretation, patient test result follow up, and billing. Note: The essential functions of the job are intended to describe the general content and requirements of the position and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Medical Assistant diploma.
- Current BLS certification (must be obtained in 90 days if not current)
- 40 wpm typing
- Demonstrated critical thinking ability in order to resolve problems and carry out instructions.
- Ability to multi task.
- Excellent verbal communication skills in an effective, clear, calm, friendly and professional manner. Demonstrates a high sense of urgency at all times.
- Ability to effectively communicate to all internal and external customers.
- Manages tasks in a timely fashion.
- Knowledge of basic computer and math skills.
- Ability to read and interpret documents.
- Previous MA experience preferred.
- Cardiac experience preferred.
- Medical Assistant certification preferred.
We offer a comprehensive compensation package that includes competitive salaries as well as:
- Health, Dental & Vision coverage (1st of the month following 60 days of employment)
- Company Sponsored Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- PTO (vacation, sick & personal time off)
- Company Paid Holidays
- Employee Recognition & Rewards Programs with opportunities to earn gift cards and additional PTO
Pay: $12 to $15/hour
Job Status: Full Time