Cardiology Clinical RN Supervisor - Anticoagulation Clinic - East Valley
Do you pride yourself in putting patient care first? Are you looking for a full time position with a traditional schedule where you can utilize your Cardiology knowledge along with your critical thinking skills on a daily basis?
If you are seeking to join a stable and established organization with high employee and patient satisfaction ratings, then Tri-City Cardiology is for you! Tri-City Cardiology has been serving the healthcare needs of the East Valley for 40 years.
Due to continued growth, we are searching for an experienced RN Supervisor to oversee our busy Anti-Coagulation Clinic. Join our amazing team and work with an organization where your skill set will be highly valued, growth and development is encouraged, and where patient care is a priority!
Location: This position is based at our Superstition location in East Mesa (Power Rd./US 60) with travel required to our other East Valley locations as needed. Mileage reimbursement is provided for interoffice travel during the business day.
Schedule: We offer a great Monday-Friday 8am-5pm schedule! No nights or weekends!
Tri-City Cardiology has a vision “To be among the best providers of cardiovascular care in the entire country and be a place where employees want to work, patients want to receive care and physicians want to practice.”
Consistent with our vision, we constantly strive to improve our employee satisfaction. Tri-City Cardiology has been voted a Top Place to Work by the Phoenix Business Journal. Annual employee satisfaction surveys are conducted to obtain feedback on how we can continue to make Tri-City Cardiology the best place to work.
The Clinical RN Supervisor position oversees the leadership, technical, and clinical work for their primary assigned clinical department(s). This includes working with providers, managers, and supervisors of other departments to ensure smooth operations and quality patient care. This position will also provide cross coverage with the other Clinical RN Supervisor to ensure proper coverage for all RN Supervised clinical department(s).
SUPERVISORY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Directly supervises the workflow and workload of the primary department(s) to ensure efficiency. Maintains staff schedules and adjusts schedules according to the volume needs of the department.
- Coordinates employee communication meetings to include stand up meetings and rounding. Coordinates and documents monthly 1:1 meetings with staff members. Departmental staff meetings to occur a twice per year as a minimum.
- Responsible for employee performance initiatives to include 30 day, 90 day, mid-year and annual evaluations. Provides input on employee discipline, coaching and improvement plans with the manager. Works with employees to correct deficiencies in performance or tasks. Oversees/monitors training for new and existing employees. Handles employee complaints and grievances in collaboration with direct managers.
- Reviews payroll weekly and ensures accuracy. Submits payroll on a biweekly basis. Tracks absenteeism and approves time off.
- Shadows staff annually for skill competency. Shadows staff for service competency six times per year. Sets example by utilizing AIDET and customer service standards.
- Responds to all urgent and emergent events.
- Collaborates with Manager in achieving patient, employee and physician satisfaction initiatives. Collaborates with Manager on the development of new policies and procedures. Assists Manager with interviewing for open positions.
- Performs inventory control, orders supplies, oversees proper use of equipment and reports any facility issues to the Manager. May be responsible for maintaining preventative maintenance schedules for equipment, addressing equipment needs, and scheduling equipment repairs as needed.
- Develops productivity measures and reports.
- Continues to further knowledge base through self-learning, seminars, in-service trainings, etc.
DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Direct supervision of staff and processes, and also performs the essential functions of the primary department(s) at multiple sites. General cross coverage of other RN clinically supervised departments.
- Required to be clinically knowledgeable and proficient in primary department roles and be clinically familiar with departments that will require cross coverage.
- Management of clinical and patient service competencies in multiple departments and locations.
- Assists with the development and training of emergency processes for the organization.
- Responds to patient inquiries and complaints in a courteous manner, provide information, resolves complaints in an efficient and timely manner. Documents interactions.
- Required to be BLS and ACLS certified and to respond to, and act as a lead in all levels of
- Emergencies in the office.
- Assists with the development and implementation of clinical guidelines for multiple departments in the organization.
- Is the clinical supervisor resource regarding clinical matters for staff, providers and leaders.
- Oversees other departments at multiple sites in the absence of department leader.
- Collaborates directly with providers for the management of complex clinical issues for multiple departments.
- Researches, coordinates and directly trains staff in clinical advancements in technology.
Note: The essential functions outlined in this job description are intended to describe the general content and requirements of the position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the position.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Current valid Arizona RN license
- Current ACLS certification (must be obtained within 90 days if not current)
- Current BLS certification (must be obtained within 90 days if not current)
- Completion of Anticoagulation Certification or equivalent education within one year of employment in this position.
- Knowledge of CPT and ICD billing codes.
- Two years of leader supervisory or leadership experience.
- Four years of cardiology experience required.
- 40 wpm typing.
- Demonstrated critical thinking ability in order to resolve problems and carry out instructions.
- Ability to multi task, be self-motivated, and able to work in a highly energized team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in an effective, clear, calm, friendly and professional manner.
- Demonstrates a high sense of urgency at all times.
- Ability to read and interpret documents.
- Exceptional organization skills.
- Knowledge of basic computer and math skills.
- Ability to lead a team as a strong role model, knowledge content expert and coaching/mentoring ability
- Bachelor degree preferred
- Knowledge of anticoagulation, triage and/or heart failure management preferred.
In addition to fostering a positive work environment with internal career growth opportunities for our employees, we offer a generous comprehensive Total Rewards Package that includes:
- Competitive wages
- Monday-Friday work schedules*
- Health, Dental & Vision Coverage (1st of the month following 60 days of employment for full-time, regular employees)**
- 401(k) retirement plan**
- Paid Time Off (PTO)**
- Paid Sick Leave (PSL)
- 7 Company Paid Holidays**
- 100% Company Paid Life Insurance**
- Supplemental Insurance**
- Health and Wellness Program with incentives attached**
- Employee Assistance Programs**
- Opportunities for quarterly bonus incentives**
- Employee discounts
**Available for full-time, regular employees of Tri-City Cardiology after meeting certain eligibility requirements
Tri-City Cardiology is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal employment opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.
For more information about career opportunities with Tri-City Cardiology, please visit our career site at: jobs.tricitycardiology.com
About Tri-City Cardiology
At Tri-City Cardiology, patient satisfaction is a top priority. Our team of physicians and staff are dedicated to providing high quality care and outstanding patient service so that every encounter is a positive experience! To maintain the highest degree of patient confidence, the practice relies on the Press Ganey system for scoring patient satisfaction.
Each of the 25 board-certified physicians on the staff of Tri-City Cardiology are dedicated to bringing only the best cardiovascular care to their patients based on clinical guidelines established by their specialty boards and fellowship programs. Each one is a leader in his or her field of specialty, many earning the distinction of “Top Doctor” recognition by Phoenix Magazine since the practice was established in 1979. As graduates from some of the nation’s leading medical schools and fellowship programs, the Tri-City Cardiology team of physicians enjoys a national reputation for excellence and achievement.
Pay: $68,300 to $94,900/year
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 19-110