Cardiology Procedure Scheduler - East Mesa (21848)
If you are seeking to join a stable and established organization with high employee and patient satisfaction ratings, then Tri-City Cardiology is for you! Tri-City Cardiology has been serving the healthcare needs of the East Valley for 40 years.
Due to growth, we are searching for a Procedure Coordinator/Scheduler to join our dynamic team! If you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment for a company that truly cares about the service provided to their patients and putting quality care first, this may be an ideal position for you!
Tri-City Cardiology has a vision "To be among the best providers of cardiovascular care in the entire country and be a place where employees want to work, patients want to receive care and physicians want to practice."
Consistent with our vision, we constantly strive to improve our employee satisfaction. Tri-City Cardiology has been voted a Top Place to Work by the Phoenix Business Journal. Annual employee satisfaction surveys are conducted to obtain feedback on how we can continue to make Tri-City Cardiology the best place to work.
This position is located at our Baywood location (Power Rd./Broadway Rd.) in East Mesa and offers a great Monday-Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm schedule!
This position provides key coordination of hospital based structural heart procedures. This position works collaboratively with patients, providers, staff, hospital coordinators and outpatient facilities to ensure completion of the patient care plan orders.
- Performs the essential functions of the Secretary.
- Collaborates with hospital staff to schedule inpatient and outpatient hospital procedures, orders required pre-procedure testing per standing orders and provides patient education and procedure preparation instructions to patients.
- Reviews and develops a familiarity with the protocols, e.g., procedure proceedings and timelines, inclusion and exclusion criteria, confidentiality, and privacy protections.
- Coordinates patient enrollment, consenting, follow up visits, tests, and data collection.
- Completes procedure documentation and maintains procedure spreadsheets.
- Provides timely response to patient questions and needs by maintaining/monitoring tasking inbox, printing and organizing fax server inbox, and any forms processing.
- Assists with hospital admissions and transfers as requested by the physician.
- Pages physicians for relevant calls, checks the Physician Voice Mail as assigned, and completes all necessary orders and documentation.
- Accurately documents all relevant data and information into the patient’s chart.
- Provides testing results to patients over the phone as directed by the physician.
Note: The essential functions outlined in this job description are intended to describe the general content and requirements of the position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the position.
- High school diploma or GED.
- 40 wpm typing
- Intermediate knowledge of basic computer and math skills.
- Demonstrated critical thinking ability in order to resolve problems and carry out instructions.
- Ability to multi task.
- Excellent verbal communication skills in an effective, clear, calm, friendly and professional manner. Ability to effectively communicate to all internal and external customers.
- Manages tasks in a timely fashion.
- Ability to read and interpret documents.
- Previous procedure/surgery scheduling experience preferred
- Previous cardiology experience preferred
- Medical Assistant diploma or other Healthcare related degree preferred
In addition to fostering a positive work environment with internal career growth opportunities for our employees, we offer a generous comprehensive Total Rewards Package that includes:
- Competitive wages
- Monday-Friday work schedules
- Health, Dental & Vision Coverage (1st of the month following 60 days of employment for full-time, regular employees)**
- 401(k) retirement plan**
- Paid Time Off (PTO)**
- Paid Sick Leave (PSL)
- 7 Company Paid Holidays**
- 100% Company Paid Life Insurance**
- Supplemental Insurance**
- Health and Wellness Program with incentives attached**
- Employee Assistance Programs**
- Opportunities for quarterly bonus incentives**
- Employee discounts
**Available for full-time, regular employees of Tri-City Cardiology after meeting certain eligibility requirements
Tri-City Cardiology is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal employment opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.
For more information about career opportunities with Tri-City Cardiology, please visit our career site at: jobs.tricitycardiology.com
About Tri-City Cardiology
At Tri-City Cardiology, patient satisfaction is a top priority. Our team of physicians and staff are dedicated to providing high quality care and outstanding patient service so that every encounter is a positive experience! To maintain the highest degree of patient confidence, the practice relies on the Press Ganey system for scoring patient satisfaction.
Each of the 23 board-certified physicians on the staff of Tri-City Cardiology are dedicated to bringing only the best cardiovascular care to their patients based on clinical guidelines established by their specialty boards and fellowship programs. Each one is a leader in his or her field of specialty, many earning the distinction of "Top Doctor" recognition by Phoenix Magazine since the practice was established in 1979. As graduates from some of the nation’s leading medical schools and fellowship programs, the Tri-City Cardiology team of physicians enjoys a national reputation for excellence and achievement.