Cardiovascular Treadmill/Stress Technician - East Valley
If you are seeking to join a stable and established organization with high employee and patient satisfaction ratings, then Tri-City Cardiology is for you! Tri-City Cardiology has been serving the healthcare needs of the East Valley for 40 years.
We are searching for a caring and compassionate Cardiovascular Stress Technician to join our dynamic team! If you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment for a company that truly cares about the service provided to their patients and putting quality care first, this may be an ideal position for you!
This position is based at our Mesa Baywood clinic location (Power Rd./Broadway). The schedule for this position is Monday-Friday, 7:30am-4:30pm with flexibility to work 8:00am-5:00pm as needed.
Tri-City Cardiology has a vision “To be among the best providers of cardiovascular care in the entire country and be a place where employees want to work, patients want to receive care and physicians want to practice.”
Consistent with our vision, we constantly strive to improve our employee satisfaction. Tri-City Cardiology has been voted a Top Place to Work by the Phoenix Business Journal. Annual employee satisfaction surveys are conducted to obtain feedback on how we can continue to make Tri-City Cardiology the best place to work.
Join our exceptional Treadmill Team in this stable specialty within the healthcare industry!
This position performs treadmill testing in a variety of modalities including exercise treadmill, stress echocardiograms, and nuclear stress testing. The position is cross trained to cover other areas such as clinic MA rooming and back office testing.
- Maintains complete understanding of all modalities of treadmill testing and performs testing via physician orders in accordance per TCC protocol and IAC guidelines.
- Explains testing accurately and in detail to patients in order to ensure understanding and patient consent.
- Uses critical thinking to evaluate order accuracy and the need to initiate order change requests with the ordering or supervising physician as needed.
- Monitors patients for physiologic symptoms during testing and reports to supervising physician as needed.
- Accurately enters data into Syntermed and Next Gen EHR for stress testing within 95% of overall accuracy.
- Maintains supply inventory and crash cart equipment in treadmill rooms.
- Checks crash cart, defibrillator, and EKG machine daily for functionality.
- Closely monitor the week’s schedule. Continue to inform the physician of schedule changes. Reschedule patient appointments as soon as notified of department changes.
Note: The essential functions outlined in this job description are intended to describe the general content and requirements of the position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the position.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Medical Assistant diploma OR
- Associate’s degree in Cardiovascular Technology OR
- Bachelor’s degree in Exercise Physiology.
- Current BLS certification (must be obtained in 90 days if not current)
- ACLS certification (must be obtained in 90 days if not current)
- Completion of a basic ECG course and completion of a basic EKG interpretation test with a minimum passing grade of 85% required before training.
- 40 wpm typing
- Demonstrated critical thinking ability in order to resolve problems and carry out instructions.
- Ability to multi task.
- Excellent verbal communication skills in an effective, clear, calm, friendly and professional manner. Demonstrates a high sense of urgency at all times.
- Ability to effectively communicate to all internal and external customers.
- Manages tasks in a timely fashion.
- Knowledge of basic computer and math skills.
- Ability to read and interpret documents.
- Previous MA (advance) experience preferred
- Certified Cardiovascular Technician preferred.
- Medical Assistant registration preferred.
In addition to fostering a positive work environment with internal career growth opportunities for our employees, we offer a generous comprehensive Total Rewards Package that includes:
- Competitive wages
- Monday-Friday work schedules
- Health, Dental & Vision Coverage (1st of the month following 60 days of employment for full-time, regular employees)**
- 401(k) retirement plan**
- Paid Time Off (PTO)**
- Paid Sick Leave (PSL)
- 7 Company Paid Holidays**
- 100% Company Paid Life Insurance**
- Supplemental Insurance**
- Health and Wellness Program with incentives attached**
- Employee Assistance Programs**
- Opportunities for quarterly bonus incentives**
- Employee discounts
**Available for full-time, regular employees of Tri-City Cardiology after meeting certain eligibility requirements
Tri-City Cardiology is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal employment opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.
For more information about career opportunities with Tri-City Cardiology, please visit our career site at: jobs.tricitycardiology.com
About Tri City Cardiology
At Tri-City Cardiology, patient satisfaction is a top priority. Our team of physicians and staff are dedicated to providing you with high quality care and outstanding patient service so that every encounter is a positive experience! Each of the 24 board-certified physicians on the staff of Tri-City Cardiology are dedicated to bringing only the best cardiology and vascular care to their patients in the Phoenix Metro area. Each one is a leader in his or her field of specialty, many earning the distinction of “Top Doctor” recognition by Phoenix Magazine since the practice was established in 1979. As graduates from some of the nation’s leading medical schools and fellowship programs. The Tri-City Cardiology team of physicians enjoys a national reputation for excellence and achievement.
At Tri-City Cardiology, patient satisfaction and quality care is a top priority. To maintain the highest degree of patient confidence, the practice relies on the Press Ganey system for scoring patient satisfaction. Our physicians are focused on providing quality cardiovascular services based on the clinic guidelines established by their specialty boards.and fellowship programs, the Tri-City Cardiology team of physicians enjoys a national reputation for excellence and achievement.
Our physicians work closely with East Valley hospitals to bring state-of-the-art diagnostic, treatment and preventative services to the community.
Pay: $16 to $23/hour
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 19-060