Clinical Research Coordinator - Cardiology - Part Time
This position is responsible for coordinating clinical research processes with providers, staff, and patients for approved clinical trials and Research Departments Policy and Procedures.
- Assists the PI and APP Research Nurse with all organizational research projects.
- Obtains and maintains Good Clinical Practice Certification- CITI training.
- Assist with assessment of clinical trials under consideration and works with PI, APP, and COO on contract and budget review.
- Reviews and develops a familiarity with the protocol, e.g., study proceedings and timelines, inclusion and exclusion criteria, confidentiality, and privacy protections.
- Conducts or participates in the informed consent process including interactions with the IRB and discussions with research participants, including answering any questions related to the study.
- Screens subjects for eligibility using protocol specific inclusion and exclusion criteria, documenting each potential participant’s eligibility or exclusion.
- Coordinates patient enrollment, consenting, follow up visits, tests, and data collection.
- Assist with coordinating and presenting support staff training for research studies.
- Completes study documentation and input for Case Report Forms. Maintains complete study files.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Medical Assistant or healthcare related degree preferred
- Current BLS certification (must be obtained in 90 days if not current)
- 40 wpm typing
- Demonstrated critical thinking ability in order to resolve problems and carry out instructions.
- Ability to multi task.
- Excellent verbal communication skills in an effective, clear, calm, friendly and professional manner. Demonstrates a high sense of urgency at all times.
- Ability to effectively communicate to all internal and external customers.
- Manages tasks in a timely fashion.
- Knowledge of basic computer and math skills.
- Ability to read and interpret documents.
- Ability to lead a team of medical assistants as a strong role model, knowledge content expert and coaching/mentoring ability.
- Prior Research experience preferred
- Prior Cardiovascular experience preferred
Pay: $16 to $20/hour
Job Status: Part Time