Clinical Research Coordinator - Cardiology - Part Time
Are you a caring and compassionate healthcare professional focused on finding a company that truly cares about the service provided to their patients and putting quality care first? Do you have a passion for helping others through your research efforts? If so, then we want you!
We are currently searching for a Part-Time Clinical Research Coordinator to be based at our East Mesa location. The schedule for this position will involve working 16-24 hours weekly on Tuesdays and Wednesdays and possibly other partial days. Cardiology experience highly preferred!
This position is responsible for coordinating clinical research processes with providers, staff, and patients for approved clinical trials and Research Departments Policy and Procedures.
- Assists the PI and APP Research Nurse with all organizational research projects.
- Obtains and maintains Good Clinical Practice Certification- CITI training.
- Assist with assessment of clinical trials under consideration and works with PI, APP, and COO on contract and budget review.
- Reviews and develops a familiarity with the protocol, e.g., study proceedings and timelines, inclusion and exclusion criteria, confidentiality, and privacy protections.
- Conducts or participates in the informed consent process including interactions with the IRB and discussions with research participants, including answering any questions related to the study.
- Screens subjects for eligibility using protocol specific inclusion and exclusion criteria, documenting each potential participant’s eligibility or exclusion.
- Coordinates patient enrollment, consenting, follow up visits, tests, and data collection.
- Assist with coordinating and presenting support staff training for research studies.
- Completes study documentation and input for Case Report Forms. Maintains complete study files.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Medical Assistant or healthcare related degree preferred
- Current BLS certification (must be obtained in 90 days if not current)
- 40 wpm typing
- Demonstrated critical thinking ability in order to resolve problems and carry out instructions.
- Ability to multi task.
- Excellent verbal communication skills in an effective, clear, calm, friendly and professional manner. Demonstrates a high sense of urgency at all times.
- Ability to effectively communicate to all internal and external customers.
- Manages tasks in a timely fashion.
- Knowledge of basic computer and math skills.
- Ability to read and interpret documents.
- Ability to lead a team of medical assistants as a strong role model, knowledge content expert and coaching/mentoring ability.
- Prior Research experience preferred
- Prior Cardiovascular experience preferred
Tri-City Cardiology is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal employment opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.
Pay: $16 to $20/hour
Job Status: Part Time