Discharge and Secretary Supervisor - Cardiology - Mesa
Do you pride yourself in putting patient care first? Are you looking for a full time position with a traditional schedule where you can utilize your Cardiology knowledge along with your critical thinking skills on a daily basis?
If you are seeking to join a stable and established organization with high employee and patient satisfaction ratings, then Tri-City Cardiology is for you! Tri-City Cardiology has been serving the healthcare needs of the East Valley for 40 years.
We are searching for an experienced Supervisor to oversee our busy Discharge and Secretarial departments. Join our amazing team and work with an organization where your skill set will be highly valued, growth and development is encouraged, and where patient care is a priority!
Location: This position is based at our Dobson location in Mesa (Dobson Rd/US 60).
Schedule: We offer a great Monday-Friday schedule! No nights or weekends!
Tri-City Cardiology has a vision “To be among the best providers of cardiovascular care in the entire country and be a place where employees want to work, patients want to receive care and physicians want to practice.”
Consistent with our vision, we constantly strive to improve our employee satisfaction. Tri-City Cardiology has been voted a Top Place to Work by the Phoenix Business Journal. Annual employee satisfaction surveys are conducted to obtain feedback on how we can continue to make Tri-City Cardiology the best place to work.
This position supervises the Discharge Schedulers and Secretaries by leading, planning and organizing the daily to monthly functions of the team. The incumbent ensures back office operations run smoothly for optimum and efficient patient care.
SUPERVISORY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Supervises the workflow and workload of the team to ensure efficiency. Maintains staff schedules and adjusts schedules according to the volume needs of the department.
- Coordinates employee communication meetings to include daily stand up meetings, rounding daily. Coordinates and documents monthly 1:1 meetings with staff members. Departmental staff meetings to occur twice per year as a minimum.
- Responsible for employee performance initiatives to include 30 day, 90 day, mid-year and annual evaluations. Provides input on employee discipline, coaching and improvement plans with the manager. Works with employees to correct deficiencies in performance or tasks. Oversees/monitors training for new and existing employees. Handles employee complaints and grievances in collaboration with direct managers.
- Reviews payroll weekly and ensures accuracy. Submits payroll on a biweekly basis. Tracks absenteeism and approves time off.
- Shadows staff annually for skill competency. Shadows staff for service competency six times per year. Sets example by utilizing AIDET and customer service standards.
- Responds to all urgent and emergent events.
- Collaborates with Manager in achieving patient, employee and physician satisfaction initiatives. Collaborates with Manager on the development of new policies and procedures. Assists Manager with interviewing for open positions.
- Performs inventory control, orders supplies, oversees proper use of equipment and reports any facility issues to the Manager. May be responsible for maintaining preventative maintenance schedules for equipment, addressing equipment needs, and scheduling equipment repairs as needed.
- Develops productivity measures and reports.
- Continues to further knowledge base through self-learning, seminars, in-service trainings, etc.
DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Performs the essential functions of the Secretary when needed
- Performs the essential functions of the Discharge Scheduler when needed.
- Ensures that physician calendars are properly updated with call coverage, appointments, meetings, reader of the week functions and any other responsibilities.
- Ensures that physician schedules are scrubbed for efficiency and errors.
- Ensure that tasks are worked timely and accurately.
- Ensures that patients are discharged in a timely manner and that appointments are scheduled accurately.
- Understands and is able to teach about various cardiac testing and procedures.
Note: The essential functions outlined in this job description are intended to describe the general content and requirements of the position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the position.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Two years related experience or training or equivalent combination of education and experience relating to medical secretarial, discharge, front office and/or scheduling.
- Current BLS certification required (must be obtained within 90 days if not current)
- 40 wpm typing
- Demonstrated critical thinking ability in order to resolve problems and carry out instructions.
- Ability to multi task, be self-motivated, well organized and able to work in a highly energized team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in an effective, clear, calm, friendly and professional manner. Demonstrates a high sense of urgency at all times.
- Ability to read and interpret documents.
- Exceptional organization skills.
- Knowledge of basic computer and math skills.
- Ability to lead a team as a strong role model, knowledge content expert and coaching/mentoring ability
- Associate's degree preferred
- Experience in the healthcare industry and cardiology is preferred
- Two years previous supervisory experience preferred
In addition to fostering a positive work environment with internal career growth opportunities for our employees, we offer a generous comprehensive Total Rewards Package that includes:
- Competitive wages
- Monday-Friday work schedules*
- Health, Dental & Vision Coverage (1st of the month following 60 days of employment for full-time, regular employees)**
- 401(k) retirement plan**
- Paid Time Off (PTO)**
- Paid Sick Leave (PSL)
- 7 Company Paid Holidays**
- 100% Company Paid Life Insurance**
- Supplemental Insurance**
- Health and Wellness Program with incentives attached**
- Employee Assistance Programs**
- Opportunities for quarterly bonus incentives**
- Employee discounts
**Available for full-time, regular employees of Tri-City Cardiology after meeting certain eligibility requirements
Tri-City Cardiology is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal employment opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.
For more information about career opportunities with Tri-City Cardiology, please visit our career site at: jobs.tricitycardiology.com
About Tri-City Cardiology
At Tri-City Cardiology, patient satisfaction is a top priority. Our team of physicians and staff are dedicated to providing high quality care and outstanding patient service so that every encounter is a positive experience! To maintain the highest degree of patient confidence, the practice relies on the Press Ganey system for scoring patient satisfaction.
Each of the 25 board-certified physicians on the staff of Tri-City Cardiology are dedicated to bringing only the best cardiovascular care to their patients based on clinical guidelines established by their specialty boards and fellowship programs. Each one is a leader in his or her field of specialty, many earning the distinction of “Top Doctor” recognition by Phoenix Magazine since the practice was established in 1979. As graduates from some of the nation’s leading medical schools and fellowship programs, the Tri-City Cardiology team of physicians enjoys a national reputation for excellence and achievement.
Pay: $38,300 to $52,900/year
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 19-116