Discharge Scheduler (21887)
If you are seeking to join a stable and established organization with high employee and patient satisfaction ratings, then Tri-City Cardiology is for you! Tri-City Cardiology has been serving the healthcare needs of the East Valley for 40 years.
Consistent with our vision, we constantly strive to improve our employee satisfaction. Tri-City Cardiology has been voted a Top Place to Work by the Phoenix Business Journal. Annual employee satisfaction surveys are conducted to obtain feedback on how we can continue to make Tri-City Cardiology the best place to work.
Tri-City Cardiology has a vision "To be among the best providers of cardiovascular care in the entire country and be a place where employees want to work, patients want to receive care and physicians want to practice.
Due to continued growth, we are searching for a Discharge Scheduler to join our exceptional team! Do you have experience working in medical scheduling and enjoy face to face interaction with patients? Are you organized and prefer a fast paced work environment? Then we are looking for you!
This position is located at our Mesa/Baywood office (Power Rd/Broadway).
This position provides comprehensive discharge services to the patients to ensure that the care plan and physician orders are scheduled and carried out.
- Schedules patient appointments for testing both internally and externally per physician’s orders.
- Schedules follow up appointments or referrals to other specialists per physicians order.
- Completes lab and radiology requisitions/orders.
- Creates new patient charts and scheduling for walk in New Patients
- Prints patient appointment reminders, clinical summaries, and reviews all TCC scheduling, policies, cancellation notices and testing instructions.
- Verify appropriate diagnosis for Testing from the chart.
- Enrolls patients in the Patient Portal if not already registered.
- Supports secretaries with faxing and other duties as necessary.
Note: The essential functions outlined in this job description are intended to describe the general content and requirements of the position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the position.
- High school diploma or GED.
- 40 wpm typing
- Knowledge of basic computer and math skills.
- Demonstrated critical thinking ability in order to resolve problems and carry out instructions.
- Ability to multi task.
- Excellent verbal communication skills in an effective, clear, calm, friendly and professional manner.
- Ability to effectively communicate to all internal and external customers.
- Manages tasks in a timely fashion.
- Ability to read and interpret documents.
- Previous medical scheduling experience preferred