Echo Ultrasound Technologist - East Valley
If you are seeking to join a stable and established organization with high employee and patient satisfaction ratings, then Tri-City Cardiology is for you! Tri-City Cardiology has been serving the healthcare needs of the East Valley for 40 years.
We are searching for a caring and compassionate Ultrasound Technologist to join our dynamic team! If you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment for a company that truly cares about the service provided to their patients and putting quality care first, this may be an ideal position for you!
Tri-City Cardiology has a vision “To be among the best providers of cardiovascular care in the entire country and be a place where employees want to work, patients want to receive care and physicians want to practice.”
Consistent with our vision, we constantly strive to improve our employee satisfaction. Tri-City Cardiology has been voted a Top Place to Work by the Phoenix Business Journal. Annual employee satisfaction surveys are conducted to obtain feedback on how we can continue to make Tri-City Cardiology the best place to work.
Join our exceptional team in this stable specialty within the healthcare industry!
This position is responsible for safely conducting ultrasound studies in various settings per physician orders. This position assists the physician by performing Echo portions of Stress Echo’s, M-Mode, 2D, Color and Doppler Studies, Carotids, Bubble studies, and other vascular ultrasound studies as requested and as certification status permits.
- Performs testing within appropriate time frame per accreditation guidelines.
- Maintains accuracy standards of 95% or higher with data entry.
- Maintains accuracy standards of 95% or higher with worksheet statement selection.
- Performs accurate measurement of appropriate organ system.
- Reviews physician order and diagnosis to ensure accuracy.
- Ensures patient understands test and procedure.
- Ensures completed testing goes to the appropriate physician.
- Maintains a clean room, stocked with necessary supplies.
- Assists in training and mentoring new hires or externs as needed.
Note: The essential functions outlined in this job description are intended to describe the general content and requirements of the position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the position.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Appropriate registry credential RDCS or RCS.
- Knowledge of arrhythmias.
- Cardiac and vascular pathology experience.
- Current BLS certification (must be obtained in 90 days if not current).
- 40 wpm typing.
- Demonstrates critical thinking ability in order to resolve problems and carry out instructions.
- Ability to multi task.
- Excellent verbal communication skills in an effective, clear, calm, friendly and professional manner. Demonstrates a high sense of urgency at all times.
- Ability to effectively communicate to all internal and external customers.
- Manages tasks in a timely fashion.
- Knowledge of basic computer and math skills.
- Ability to read and interpret documents.
- RVS or RVT registry preferred
In addition to fostering a positive work environment with internal career growth opportunities for our employees, we offer a generous comprehensive Total Rewards Package that includes:
- Competitive wages
- Monday-Friday work schedules*
- Health, Dental & Vision Coverage (1st of the month following 60 days of employment for full-time, regular employees)**
- 401(k) retirement plan**
- Paid Time Off (PTO)**
- Paid Sick Leave (PSL)
- 7 Company Paid Holidays**
- 100% Company Paid Life Insurance**
- Supplemental Insurance**
- Health and Wellness Program with incentives attached**
- Employee Assistance Programs**
- Opportunities for quarterly bonus incentives**
- Employee discounts
**Available for full-time, regular employees of Tri-City Cardiology after meeting certain eligibility requirements
Tri-City Cardiology is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal employment opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.
For more information about career opportunities with Tri-City Cardiology, please visit our career site at: jobs.tricitycardiology.com
About Tri-City Cardiology
At Tri-City Cardiology, patient satisfaction is a top priority. Our team of physicians and staff are dedicated to providing high quality care and outstanding patient service so that every encounter is a positive experience! To maintain the highest degree of patient confidence, the practice relies on the Press Ganey system for scoring patient satisfaction.
Each of the 25 board-certified physicians on the staff of Tri-City Cardiology are dedicated to bringing only the best cardiovascular care to their patients based on clinical guidelines established by their specialty boards and fellowship programs. Each one is a leader in his or her field of specialty, many earning the distinction of “Top Doctor” recognition by Phoenix Magazine since the practice was established in 1979. As graduates from some of the nation’s leading medical schools and fellowship programs, the Tri-City Cardiology team of physicians enjoys a national reputation for excellence and achievement.
Pay: $28.41 to $38.61/hour
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 19-123