Staff Accountant - East Mesa
Tri-City Cardiology has a vision “To be among the best providers of cardiovascular care in the entire country and be a place where employees want to work, patients want to receive care and physicians want to practice.
We are currently searching for a Staff Accountant to join our amazing Accounting Team! If you are an experienced Accounting Professional who desires to work with a stable, growing organization that cares about its employees, we want to speak with you!
This position is located at our Administrative Offices in East Mesa (Power/Superstition Springs Blvd. right off the US 60) The schedule for this position is Monday - Friday, 8am-5pm. Keep reading for more details!
This position works collaboratively with the Assistant Controller and Controller by performing responsible accounting support in the preparation and processing of journal entries for multiple companies, account reconciliations and invoice processing.
- Responsible for timely processing of Accounts Payable and payment of invoices for CMP and Real Estate Companies. Assures that invoices presented for payment are legitimate, correct, and properly coded. Properly post invoices and pay them according to guidelines set by the Controller.
- Assist with Month End closing as required (enter journal entries, prepare bank reconciliations, prepare account reconciliations, scanning & saving month end processing documentation).
- Properly post funds received and follow up on discrepancies. Communicate with Assistant Controller/Controller regarding member accounts that need additional attention
- Continually review processes and procedures for opportunities to improve efficiency and work flow. Document and report improvement plans to Assistant Controller. Maintain effective and productive relationships with customers, suppliers and internal departments.
- Scan journal entries and AP payments weekly. Maintains vendor contracts.
- Assisting in the company’s monthly and yearly closing.
Note: The essential functions outlined in this job description are intended to describe the general content and requirements of the position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the position.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting is required.
- Three years of experience in accounting.
- Appropriate combination of education, experience in accounts payable using TCC guidelines.
- Strong general ledger, accounts payable and accounts receivable knowledge.
- Basic working knowledge of how to prepare account reconciliations.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point.
- 40 wpm typing
- Flexible and efficient time management and the ability to prioritize workload.
- Excellent professional written and verbal communication/interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated critical thinking ability in order to resolve problems and carry out instructions.
- Ability to multi task, be self-motivated, well organized and able to work in a highly energized team environment while working with multiple managers.
- Ability to manage high levels of stress satisfactorily while being congenial to employees, managers and physicians.
- Sound analytical ability, good judgment and strong financial focus
- Relevant accounting experience in the healthcare industry preferred.
In addition to fostering a positive work environment with internal career growth opportunities for our employees, we offer a generous comprehensive Total Rewards Package that includes:
- Competitive wages
- Monday-Friday work schedules*
- Health, Dental & Vision Coverage (1st of the month following 60 days of employment for full-time, regular employees)**
- 401(k) retirement plan**
- Paid Time Off (PTO)**
- Paid Sick Leave (PSL)
- 7 Company Paid Holidays**
- 100% Company Paid Life Insurance**
- Supplemental Insurance**
- Health and Wellness Program with incentives attached**
- Employee Assistance Programs**
- Opportunities for quarterly bonus incentives**
- Employee discounts
- Employee Recognition & Rewards Program with opportunities to earn gift cards prizes and additional PTO**
**Available for full-time, regular employees of Tri-City Cardiology after meeting certain eligibility requirements
Tri-City Cardiology is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal employment opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.
Pay: $38,000 to $56,000/year
Job Status: Full Time