Medical Assistant - Back Office Cardiology - East Valley
Are you a caring and compassionate Medical Assistant focused on finding a company that truly cares about the service provided to their patients and putting quality care first? Do you like to work in a fast paced environment and have a strong sense of urgency? If so, then we want you!
Our Medical Assistants work a great Monday - Friday schedule!
We are currently hiring for experienced Medical Assistants for the following convenient locations:
- US 60/Dobson
- 202/Val Vista
This position assists physicians with patient care in a medical office setting through the performance of all Medical Assistant activities. This position works collaboratively with Back and Front Office Personnel, Back Office Supervisor, Physicians, and all ancillary services.
The incumbents in this position perform all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements. Adhering to the requirement in the employee handbook as well as adhering to Tri City’s Standards of Behavior is required.
- Verifies accurate chart prep before patient visit.
- Follows established MA rooming protocol and follows all other clinical protocols based on patient diagnosis or procedure (e.g. TAVR)
- Accurately updates and records patient medications, allergies, pharmacies, risk factors, social history and family history in patient chart upon each visit.
- Obtains vital signs, EKG’s and rhythm strips as needed.
- Stock, clean and maintains supply inventory in exam rooms.
- Follow established Back Office clinic protocols, EKGS, Holter and Event Monitors.
- Follow established ABI testing protocols.
Note: The essential functions of the job are intended to describe the general content and requirements of the position and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Medical Assistant diploma.
- Current BLS certification (must be obtained in 90 days if not current)
- 40 wpm typing
- Demonstrated critical thinking ability in order to resolve problems and carry out instructions.
- Ability to multi task.
- Excellent verbal communication skills in an effective, clear, calm, friendly and professional manner. Demonstrates a high sense of urgency at all times.
- Ability to effectively communicate to all internal and external customers.
- Manages tasks in a timely fashion.
- Knowledge of basic computer and math skills.
- Ability to read and interpret documents.
- Previous MA experience preferred.
- Cardiac experience preferred.
- Medical Assistant certification preferred.
We offer a comprehensive compensation package that includes competitive salaries as well as:
- Health, Dental & Vision coverage (1st of the month following 60 days of employment)
- Company Sponsored Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- PTO (vacation, sick & personal time off)
- Company Paid Holidays
- Employee Recognition & Rewards Programs with opportunities to earn gift cards and additional PTO!
Job Status: Full Time