Medical Assistant - Back Office Cardiology - North Scottsdale
Are you a caring and compassionate Medical Assistant focused on finding a company that truly cares about the service provided to their patients and putting quality care first? Do you like to work in a fast paced environment and have a strong sense of urgency? If so, then we want you!
We are currently searching for a full time Medical Assistant for our North Scottsdale location. Our Medical Assistants work a great Monday - Friday schedule!
This position assists physicians with patient care in a medical office setting through the performance of all Medical Assistant activities. This position works collaboratively with Back and Front Office Personnel, Back Office Supervisor, Physicians, and all ancillary services.
- Verifies accurate chart prep before patient visit.
- Follows established MA rooming protocol and follows all other clinical protocols based on patient diagnosis or procedure (e.g. TAVR)
- Accurately updates and records patient medications, allergies, pharmacies, risk factors, social history and family history in patient chart upon each visit.
- Obtains vital signs, EKG’s and rhythm strips as needed.
- Stock, clean and maintains supply inventory in exam rooms.
- Follow established Back Office clinic protocols, EKGS, Holter and Event Monitors.
- Follow established ABI testing protocols.
Note: The essential functions of the job are intended to describe the general content and requirements of the position and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Medical Assistant diploma.
- Current BLS certification (must be obtained in 90 days if not current)
- 40 wpm typing
- Demonstrated critical thinking ability in order to resolve problems and carry out instructions.
- Ability to multi task.
- Excellent verbal communication skills in an effective, clear, calm, friendly and professional manner. Demonstrates a high sense of urgency at all times.
- Ability to effectively communicate to all internal and external customers.
- Manages tasks in a timely fashion.
- Knowledge of basic computer and math skills.
- Ability to read and interpret documents.
- Previous MA experience preferred.
- Cardiac experience preferred.
- Medical Assistant certification preferred.
We offer a comprehensive compensation package that includes competitive salaries as well as:
- Health, Dental & Vision coverage (1st of the month following 60 days of employment)
- Company Sponsored Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- PTO (vacation, sick & personal time off)
- Company Paid Holidays
- Employee Recognition & Rewards Programs with opportunities to earn gift cards and additional PTO!
Pay: $12 to $17/hour
Job Status: Full Time