Medical Assistant - Cardiac Monitors - Mesa
If you are seeking to join a stable and established organization with high employee and patient satisfaction ratings, then Tri-City Cardiology is for you! Tri-City Cardiology has been serving the healthcare needs of the East Valley for 40 years.
Tri-City Cardiology has a vision “To be among the best providers of cardiovascular care in the entire country and be a place where employees want to work, patients want to receive care and physicians want to practice.”
Consistent with our vision, we constantly strive to improve our employee satisfaction. Tri-City Cardiology has been voted a Top Place to Work by the Phoenix Business Journal. Annual employee satisfaction surveys are conducted to obtain feedback on how we can continue to make Tri-City Cardiology the best place to work.
Due to continued growth, we are searching for a caring and compassionate Medical Assistant to join our dynamic Cardiac Monitoring team! If you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment for a company that truly cares about the service provided to their patients and putting quality care first, this may be an ideal position for you!
Location: Dobson/US 60 in Mesa with travel required one day a week to Mesa Baywood office (Power/Broadway) or to our North Scottsdale location.
Schedule: 4x10 7:00am-5:30pm
This position provides cardiac monitoring and other back office diagnostic services to patients per physician orders. This position works collaboratively with Back and Front Office Personnel, Back Office Supervisor, Physicians, and all ancillary services.
The incumbents in this position perform all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements. Adhering to the requirement in the employee handbook as well as adhering to Tri City’s Standards of Behavior is required.
DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Performs cardiac monitoring services (Holter, Event, and MCOT), ECG, BP and Pulse Ox Checks as ordered by the providers. Completes required documentation for physician review and billing of all services performed.
- Ensures high patient satisfaction with cardiac monitoring services by providing education and troubleshooting to ensure an optimal patient diagnostic study.
- Provides support to patients during long term cardiac monitoring via phone support to ensure success with their monitoring devices. Serves as a liaison between the patient and the monitoring service.
- Works closely with Triage for any critical patient events and to optimize utilization of the monitor’s once adequate clinical data is obtained for the provider.
- Performs quality assurance checks on equipment to ensure successful recordings for each patient.
- Ensures final reports are available in a timely manner from the monitoring service for physician interpretation, patient test result follow up, and billing.
Note: The essential functions of the job are intended to describe the general content and requirements of the position and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Medical Assistant diploma.
- Current BLS certification (must be obtained in 90 days if not current)
- 40 wpm typing
- Demonstrated critical thinking ability in order to resolve problems and carry out instructions.
- Ability to multi task.
- Excellent verbal communication skills in an effective, clear, calm, friendly and professional manner. Demonstrates a high sense of urgency at all times.
- Ability to effectively communicate to all internal and external customers.
- Manages tasks in a timely fashion.
- Knowledge of basic computer and math skills.
- Ability to read and interpret documents.
- Previous MA experience preferred.
- Cardiac experience preferred.
- Medical Assistant certification preferred.
In addition to fostering a positive work environment with internal career growth opportunities for our employees, we offer a generous comprehensive Total Rewards Package that includes:
- Competitive wages
- Monday-Friday work schedules*
- Health, Dental & Vision Coverage (1st of the month following 60 days of employment for full-time, regular employees)**
- 401(k) retirement plan**
- Paid Time Off (PTO)**
- Paid Sick Leave (PSL)
- 7 Company Paid Holidays**
- 100% Company Paid Life Insurance**
- Supplemental Insurance**
- Health and Wellness Program with incentives attached**
- Employee Assistance Programs**
- Opportunities for quarterly bonus incentives**
- Employee discounts
**Available for full-time, regular employees of Tri-City Cardiology after meeting certain eligibility requirements
Tri-City Cardiology is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal employment opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.
For more information about career opportunities with Tri-City Cardiology, please visit our career site at: jobs.tricitycardiology.com
About Tri-City Cardiology
At Tri-City Cardiology, patient satisfaction is a top priority. Our team of physicians and staff are dedicated to providing high quality care and outstanding patient service so that every encounter is a positive experience! To maintain the highest degree of patient confidence, the practice relies on the Press Ganey system for scoring patient satisfaction.
Each of the 24 board-certified physicians on the staff of Tri-City Cardiology are dedicated to bringing only the best cardiovascular care to their patients based on clinical guidelines established by their specialty boards and fellowship programs. Each one is a leader in his or her field of specialty, many earning the distinction of “Top Doctor” recognition by Phoenix Magazine since the practice was established in 1979. As graduates from some of the nation’s leading medical schools and fellowship programs, the Tri-City Cardiology team of physicians enjoys a national reputation for excellence and achievement.
Pay: $14 to $19/hour
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 18-115