Medical Assistant - Cardiology - East Mesa (21699)
If you are seeking to join a stable and established organization with high employee and patient satisfaction ratings, then Tri-City Cardiology is for you! Tri-City Cardiology has been serving the healthcare needs of the East Valley for 40 years.
We are searching for a caring and compassionate Medical Assistant to join our dynamic team! If you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment for a company that truly cares about the service provided to their patients and putting quality care first, this may be an ideal position for you!
This position is based at our Mesa Baywood clinic location (Power Rd./Broadway).
Tri-City Cardiology has a vision "To be among the best providers of cardiovascular care in the entire country and be a place where employees want to work, patients want to receive care and physicians want to practice."
Consistent with our vision, we constantly strive to improve our employee satisfaction. Tri-City Cardiology has been voted a Top Place to Work by the Phoenix Business Journal. Annual employee satisfaction surveys are conducted to obtain feedback on how we can continue to make Tri-City Cardiology the best place to work.
Join our exceptional team of Medical Assistants in this stable specialty within the healthcare industry!
This position assists physicians with patient care in a medical office setting through the performance of all Medical Assistant activities.
- Verifies accurate chart prep before patient visit.
- Follows established MA rooming protocol and follows all other clinical protocols based on patient diagnosis or procedure (e.g. TAVR)
- Accurately updates and records patient medications, allergies, pharmacies, risk factors, social history and family history in patient chart upon each visit.
- Obtains vital signs, EKG’s and rhythm strips as needed.
- Stock, clean and maintains supply inventory in exam rooms.
- Follow established Back Office clinic protocols, EKGS, Holter and Event Monitors.
- Follow established ABI testing protocols.
Note: The essential functions outlined in this job description are intended to describe the general content and requirements of the position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the position.
This position is a safety-sensitive position in accordance with Arizona Revised Statutes § 23-493 (9).
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Medical Assistant diploma.
- Current BLS certification (must be obtained in 90 days if not current)
- 40 wpm typing
- Demonstrated critical thinking ability in order to resolve problems and carry out instructions.
- Ability to multi task.
- Excellent verbal communication skills in an effective, clear, calm, friendly and professional manner. Demonstrates a high sense of urgency at all times.
- Ability to effectively communicate to all internal and external customers.
- Manages tasks in a timely fashion.
- Knowledge of basic computer and math skills.
- Ability to read and interpret documents.
- Previous MA experience preferred.
- Cardiac experience preferred.
- Medical Assistant certification preferred.