Medical Call Center CSR/Scheduling - East Mesa
Are you an experienced customer service representative searching for a company that truly cares about its patients and employees? Do you like to work in a fast paced environment and have a strong sense of urgency and multi-tasking skills? If so, then we want you!
We are currently searching for a Communications Specialist to work on our Communications Team at our Administrative Offices in East Mesa. Prior experience in healthcare and scheduling is a huge plus. This position offers a great Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm schedule!
This position serves as a key communication and scheduling representative for incoming calls into the practice. This position works collaboratively with the staff and supervisors from all departments, physicians, and outside facilities to ensure a smooth communication process for the caller.
- Answers all incoming calls in all assigned phone queues per the TCC Service Standards.
- Learns all phone queues including: Switchboard Operator, Operator, Scheduling, New Patient Scheduling, Hospital, and Referring Physician.
- Schedules, cancels, reschedules, and/or confirms appointments appropriately documenting all pertinent information in the schedule.
- Works with patients, referring physicians and their staff, hospital staff appropriately and courteously to provide optimal customer service.
- Triages calls or pages calls to the appropriate staff member, department workgroup, secretary, or physician appropriately referencing any paging protocols for accuracy.
- Registers and creates charts for New Patients per the PCP order/referral and obtaining all pertinent demographic, insurance, and clinical information and documenting completely in the schedule and the chart.
- Works various Task Buckets for Scheduling and completes scheduling tasks as requested per physician orders.
- Enrolls patients in the Patient Portal if not already enrolled.
- Works the Fax Folders, Medical Referrals, Website Messages, and Patient Portal Inbox for New Patient Appointments, Established Patient appointments, Testing appointments, and Incoming Orders.
Note: The essential functions outlined in this job description are intended to describe the general content and requirements of the position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the position.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- 40 wpm typing
- Two years of experience as a telephone receptionist/customer service rep.
- Demonstrated critical thinking ability in order to resolve problems and carry out instructions.
- Knowledge of basic computer and math skills.
- Ability to multi task.
- Excellent verbal communication skills in an effective, clear, calm, friendly and professional manner.
- Ability to effectively communicate to all internal and external customers.
- Manages tasks in a timely fashion.
- Ability to read and interpret documents.
- Customer service experience from an organization recognized for exceptional customer service.
We offer a comprehensive compensation package that includes competitive salaries as well as:
- Health, Dental & Vision coverage (1st of the month following 60 days of employment)
- Company Sponsored Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- PTO (vacation, sick & personal time off)
- Company Paid Holidays
- Employee Recognition & Rewards Programs with opportunities to earn gift cards and additional PTO!
Pay: $14 to $17/hour
Job Status: Full Time