Medical Discharge Scheduler - Cardiology - Mesa
Tri-City Cardiology has a vision “To be among the best providers of cardiovascular care in the entire country and be a place where employees want to work, patients want to receive care and physicians want to practice.
Do you have experience working in medical scheduling and enjoy face to face interaction with patients? Are you organized and prefer a fast paced work environment? Then we are looking for you!
Due to growth, we are searching for an additional member to join our Discharge team.
We have positions available at the following East Valley locations:
- Mesa - Dobson/US 60
We offer a great Monday-Friday schedule! The hours for this position are: Mon/Wed: 9am-6pm, Tues/Thurs/Fri: 8:30-5:30pm.
This position provides comprehensive discharge services to the patients to ensure that the care plan and physician orders are scheduled and carried out.
- Schedules patient appointments for testing both internally and externally per physician’s orders.
- Schedules follow up appointments or referrals to other specialists per physicians order.
- Completes lab and radiology requisitions/orders.
- Creates new patient charts and scheduling for walk in New Patients
- Prints patient appointment reminders, clinical summaries, and reviews all TCC scheduling, policies, cancellation notices and testing instructions.
- Verify appropriate diagnosis for Testing from the chart.
- Enrolls patients in the Patient Portal if not already registered.
- Supports secretaries with faxing and other duties as necessary.
Note: The essential functions outlined in this job description are intended to describe the general content and requirements of the position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the position.
- High school diploma or GED.
- 40 wpm typing
- Knowledge of basic computer and math skills.
- Demonstrated critical thinking ability in order to resolve problems and carry out instructions.
- Ability to multi task.
- Excellent verbal communication skills in an effective, clear, calm, friendly and professional manner.
- Ability to effectively communicate to all internal and external customers.
- Manages tasks in a timely fashion.
- Ability to read and interpret documents.
- Previous medical scheduling experience preferred
In addition to fostering a positive work environment with internal career growth opportunities for our employees, we offer a generous comprehensive Total Rewards Package that includes:
- Competitive wages
- Monday-Friday work schedules*
- Health, Dental & Vision Coverage (1st of the month following 60 days of employment for full-time, regular employees)**
- 401(k) retirement plan**
- Paid Time Off (PTO)**
- Paid Sick Leave (PSL)
- 7 Company Paid Holidays**
- 100% Company Paid Life Insurance**
- Supplemental Insurance**
- Health and Wellness Program with incentives attached**
- Employee Assistance Programs**
- Opportunities for quarterly bonus incentives**
- Employee discounts
**Available for full-time, regular employees of Tri-City Cardiology after meeting certain eligibility requirements
Tri-City Cardiology is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal employment opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.
Pay: $12 to $15/hour
Job Status: Full Time