Medical Discharge Scheduler - Cardiology - Mesa
Tri-City Cardiology has a vision “To be among the best providers of cardiovascular care in the entire country and be a place where employees want to work, patients want to receive care and physicians want to practice.
Do you have experience working in medical scheduling and enjoy face to face interaction with patients? Are you organized and prefer a fast paced work environment? Then we are looking for you!
Due to growth, we are searching for an additional member to join our Discharge team.
We have positions available at the following East Valley locations:
- Mesa - Dobson/US 60
- East Mesa - Power/Broadway
We offer a great Monday-Friday schedule!
This position provides comprehensive discharge services to the patients to ensure that the care plan and physician orders are scheduled and carried out.
- Schedules patient appointments for testing both internally and externally per physician’s orders.
- Schedules follow up appointments or referrals to other specialists per physicians order.
- Completes lab and radiology requisitions/orders.
- Creates new patient charts and scheduling for walk in New Patients
- Prints patient appointment reminders, clinical summaries, and reviews all TCC scheduling, policies, cancellation notices and testing instructions.
- Verify appropriate diagnosis for Testing from the chart.
- Enrolls patients in the Patient Portal if not already registered.
- Supports secretaries with faxing and other duties as necessary.
Note: The essential functions outlined in this job description are intended to describe the general content and requirements of the position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the position.
- High school diploma or GED.
- 40 wpm typing
- Knowledge of basic computer and math skills.
- Demonstrated critical thinking ability in order to resolve problems and carry out instructions.
- Ability to multi task.
- Excellent verbal communication skills in an effective, clear, calm, friendly and professional manner.
- Ability to effectively communicate to all internal and external customers.
- Manages tasks in a timely fashion.
- Ability to read and interpret documents.
- Previous medical scheduling experience preferred
We offer a comprehensive compensation package that includes competitive salaries as well as:
- Health, Dental & Vision coverage (1st of the month following 60 days of employment)
- Company Sponsored Life Insurance
- PTO (vacation, sick & personal time off)
- Company Paid Holidays
- Employee Recognition & Rewards Programs with opportunities to earn gift cards and additional PTO
Pay: $12 to $15/hour
Job Status: Full Time