Medical Records - Chart Prep - East Mesa
Are you interested in gaining experience in the medical industry with a growing organization that promotes hiring and advancement from within? Do you enjoy keeping documents and information organized to ensure the best experience possible for patients?
If you are patient focused and have experience working with medical records, we want to speak with you!
This position is located at our Administrative Offices in East Mesa (Power/Superstition Springs Blvd) and offers a great Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm schedule.
- Researches new patients and obtains records from the referring physician, from hospitals for any recent hospitalizations, and any pertinent diagnostic testing results per assigned physician’s preferences.
- Creates a medical records request electronically and sends to appropriate facility.
- Obtains last office visit notes from referring physician and obtains accurate records from hospitals by accessing hospital systems.
- Ensures all ordered testing and/or reports are in the electronic medical record by accessing different imaging and diagnostic systems within the practice. Locates all missing testing, labs, reports and dictation.
- Completes routing memo’s to relay information to physicians and medical assistants.
- Places all chart prep for next day clinic in appropriate destination by 2:00 pm the day before.
- Maintain accurate filing in EHR, by checking all categories in patient’s chart during prep. Note: The essential functions outlined in this job description are intended to describe the general content and requirements of the position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the position.
- High school diploma or GED.
- 3 months of related experience and/or training
- Some knowledge of medical and/or cardiac terminology.
- 40 wpm typing
- Knowledge of basic computer and math skills.
- Demonstrated critical thinking ability in order to resolve problems and carry out instructions.
- Ability to multi task.
- Excellent verbal communication skills in an effective, clear, calm, friendly and professional manner.
- Ability to effectively communicate to all internal and external customers.
- Manages tasks in a timely fashion.
- Ability to read and interpret documents.
- Medical records or chart preparation experience preferred
In addition to fostering a positive work environment with internal career growth opportunities for our employees, we offer a generous comprehensive Total Rewards Package that includes:
- Competitive wages
- Monday-Friday work schedules*
- Health, Dental & Vision Coverage (1st of the month following 60 days of employment for full-time, regular employees)**
- 401(k) retirement plan**
- Paid Time Off (PTO)**
- Paid Sick Leave (PSL)
- 7 Company Paid Holidays**
- 100% Company Paid Life Insurance**
- Supplemental Insurance**
- Health and Wellness Program with incentives attached**
- Employee Assistance Programs**
- Opportunities for quarterly bonus incentives**
- Employee discounts
**Available for full-time, regular employees of Tri-City Cardiology after meeting certain eligibility requirements
Pay: $12 to $15/hour
Job Status: Full Time