Medical Scheduling Call Center - East Mesa
If you are seeking to join a stable and established organization with high employee and patient satisfaction ratings, then Tri-City Cardiology is for you! Tri-City Cardiology has been serving the healthcare needs of the East Valley for 40 years.
Are you an experienced customer service representative searching for a company that truly cares about its patients and employees? Do you like to work in a fast paced environment and have a strong sense of urgency and multi-tasking skills? If so, then we want you!
We are currently searching for a Communications Specialist to work on our Communications Team at our Administrative Offices in East Mesa. Prior experience in healthcare and scheduling is a huge plus. This position offers a great Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm schedule!
Tri-City Cardiology has a vision “To be among the best providers of cardiovascular care in the entire country and be a place where employees want to work, patients want to receive care and physicians want to practice.”
Consistent with our vision, we constantly strive to improve our employee satisfaction. Tri-City Cardiology has been voted a Top Place to Work by the Phoenix Business Journal. Annual employee satisfaction surveys are conducted to obtain feedback on how we can continue to make Tri-City Cardiology the best place to work.
This position serves as a key communication and scheduling representative for incoming calls into the practice. This position works collaboratively with the staff and supervisors from all departments, physicians, and outside facilities to ensure a smooth communication process for the caller.
- Answers all incoming calls in all assigned phone queues per the TCC Service Standards.
- Learns all phone queues including: Switchboard Operator, Operator, Scheduling, New Patient Scheduling, Hospital, and Referring Physician.
- Schedules, cancels, reschedules, and/or confirms appointments appropriately documenting all pertinent information in the schedule.
- Works with patients, referring physicians and their staff, hospital staff appropriately and courteously to provide optimal customer service.
- Triages calls or pages calls to the appropriate staff member, department workgroup, secretary, or physician appropriately referencing any paging protocols for accuracy.
- Registers and creates charts for New Patients per the PCP order/referral and obtaining all pertinent demographic, insurance, and clinical information and documenting completely in the schedule and the chart.
- Works various Task Buckets for Scheduling and completes scheduling tasks as requested per physician orders.
- Enrolls patients in the Patient Portal if not already enrolled.
- Works the Fax Folders, Medical Referrals, Website Messages, and Patient Portal Inbox for New Patient Appointments, Established Patient appointments, Testing appointments, and Incoming Orders.
Note: The essential functions outlined in this job description are intended to describe the general content and requirements of the position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the position.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- 40 wpm typing
- Two years of experience as a telephone receptionist/customer service rep.
- Demonstrated critical thinking ability in order to resolve problems and carry out instructions.
- Knowledge of basic computer and math skills.
- Ability to multi task.
- Excellent verbal communication skills in an effective, clear, calm, friendly and professional manner.
- Ability to effectively communicate to all internal and external customers.
- Manages tasks in a timely fashion.
- Ability to read and interpret documents.
- Customer service experience from an organization recognized for exceptional customer service.
In addition to fostering a positive work environment with internal career growth opportunities for our employees, we offer a generous comprehensive Total Rewards Package that includes:
- Competitive wages
- Monday-Friday work schedules*
- Health, Dental & Vision Coverage (1st of the month following 60 days of employment for full-time, regular employees)**
- 401(k) retirement plan**
- Paid Time Off (PTO)**
- Paid Sick Leave (PSL)
- 7 Company Paid Holidays**
- 100% Company Paid Life Insurance**
- Supplemental Insurance**
- Health and Wellness Program with incentives attached**
- Employee Assistance Programs**
- Opportunities for quarterly bonus incentives**
- Employee discounts
**Available for full-time, regular employees of Tri-City Cardiology after meeting certain eligibility requirements
Tri-City Cardiology is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal employment opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.
For more information about career opportunities with Tri-City Cardiology, please visit our career site at: jobs.tricitycardiology.com
About Tri City Cardiology
At Tri-City Cardiology, patient satisfaction is a top priority. Our team of physicians and staff are dedicated to providing you with high quality care and outstanding patient service so that every encounter is a positive experience! Each of the 24 board-certified physicians on the staff of Tri-City Cardiology are dedicated to bringing only the best cardiology and vascular care to their patients in the Phoenix Metro area. Each one is a leader in his or her field of specialty, many earning the distinction of “Top Doctor” recognition by Phoenix Magazine since the practice was established in 1979. As graduates from some of the nation’s leading medical schools and fellowship programs. The Tri-City Cardiology team of physicians enjoys a national reputation for excellence and achievement.
To maintain the highest degree of patient confidence, the practice relies on the Press Ganey system for scoring patient satisfaction. Our physicians are focused on providing quality cardiovascular services based on the clinic guidelines established by their specialty boards.and fellowship programs, the Tri-City Cardiology team of physicians enjoys a national reputation for excellence and achievement.
Our physicians work closely with East Valley hospitals to bring state-of-the-art diagnostic, treatment and preventative services to the community.
Pay: $15.45 to $20.10/hour
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 19-021