Medical Secretary - West Mesa (21983)
If you are seeking to join a stable and established organization with high employee and patient satisfaction ratings, then Tri-City Cardiology is for you! Tri-City Cardiology has been serving the healthcare needs of the East Valley for 40 years.
We are searching for a customer service oriented Secretary to join our dynamic team. If you are passionate about providing the highest level of customer service and patient care, we want to speak with you!
Tri-City Cardiology has a vision "To be among the best providers of cardiovascular care in the entire country and be a place where employees want to work, patients want to receive care and physicians want to practice."
Consistent with our vision, we constantly strive to improve our employee satisfaction. Tri-City Cardiology has been voted a Top Place to Work by the Phoenix Business Journal. Annual employee satisfaction surveys are conducted to obtain feedback on how we can continue to make Tri-City Cardiology the best place to work.
This position will be based at our Dobson location (Dobson/US 60 in Mesa). The schedule for this position is Monday-Friday, 8:30am-5:30pm.
This position provides key communication support for the patient care pod. This position works collaboratively with back and front office staff, the communications team, physicians, ancillary services teams, and outpatient facilities to ensure completion of the patient care plan orders.
- Performs the essential functions of the Discharge Scheduler.
- Provides timely response to patient questions and needs by maintaining/monitoring tasking inbox, printing and organizing fax server inbox, and any forms processing.
- Maintains physician schedule and calendar with time off requests, call coverage, appointments, meetings, reader of the week functions and any other responsibilities.
- Scrubs physician schedules for efficiency and scheduling errors.
- Collaborates with hospital staff to schedule inpatient and outpatient hospital procedures, orders required pre-procedure testing per standing orders and provides patient education and procedure preparation instructions to patients.
- Assists with hospital admissions and transfers as requested by the physician.
- Maintains, faxes and distributes physician rounding sheet. Distributes mail to physicians.
- Pages physicians for relevant calls, checks the Physician Voice Mail as assigned, and completes all necessary orders and documentation.
- Accurately documents all relevant data and information into the patient’s chart.
- Provides testing results to patients over the phone as directed by the physician.
Note: The essential functions outlined in this job description are intended to describe the general content and requirements of the position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the position.
- High school diploma or GED.
- 40 wpm typing
- Intermediate knowledge of basic computer and math skills.
- Demonstrated critical thinking ability in order to resolve problems and carry out instructions.
- Ability to multi task.
- Excellent verbal communication skills in an effective, clear, calm, friendly and professional manner. Ability to effectively communicate to all internal and external customers.
- Manages tasks in a timely fashion.
- Ability to read and interpret documents.
- Previous medical scheduling experience preferred
- Previous cardiology experience preferred
- Medical Assistant diploma preferred