Nurse Practitioner - Interventional Cardiology - East Valley
If you are seeking to join a stable and established organization with high employee and patient satisfaction ratings, where you can utilize your medical knowledge and experience, along with your critical thinking skills on a daily basis, then Tri-City Cardiology is for you!
Tri-City Cardiology has been serving the healthcare needs of the East Valley for 40 years and has a vision “To be among the best providers of cardiovascular care in the entire country and be a place where employees want to work, patients want to receive care and provider’s want to practice.”
Due to our continued growth, we are searching for an Advanced Practice Provider to join our Interventional Provider Team based at our East Mesa Location. This position will support two of our physicians and does involve some travel to our other local locations. Mileage reimbursement is provided for inter-office travel during the business day.
The advanced practice provider (APP) provides direct patient care to established patients in both the office and hospital setting in conjunction with their supervising physician(s) and within the scope of their license with the Arizona State Board of Nursing or Arizona Medical Board of Physician Assistants. The APP assesses, diagnoses, and treats patients that have previously been evaluated by the cardiologist for follow up care. The APP can provide services under the CMS Incident To Rules or Direct Bill situation based on practice guidelines and physician supervision.
- Assesses, diagnoses, and treats patients in the office setting referred for follow up care from the supervising physician under the CMS Incident To guidelines.
- Assesses, diagnoses, and treats patients in the office setting referred for follow up care from the supervising physician under the Direct Bill process only when the Incident To Guidelines cannot be met and only with contracted payers
- Orders Diagnostic Testing according to Appropriate Use Criteria and recommended Clinical pathways
- Follows all CMS documentation and coding guidelines for accurate and timely completion of visit notes and billing processes.
- Evaluates “urgent add-in” patients referred from triage phone calls, walk-ins or clinical staff and determines if they need to be seen by a physician based on the presenting problem.
- Reviews labs and other test results in the PAQ to determine clinical significance and the need for follow-up care for supervising physicians.
- Processes clinical tasks for supervising physicians daily to ensure timely and optimum patient care
- Completes Peer to Peer calls for authorization of testing within 48 hours. Completes FMLA and Disability forms timely
- Rounds on patients in the hospital setting as requested by their supervising physician and prepares preliminary hospital note for completion by the physician. May provide Tilt Table Testing Supervision if requested by Supervising Physician and has obtained appropriate privileges.
- Complies with the Arizona State Board of Nursing or Arizona Medical Board Physician Assistant scope of practice and TCC APP Guidelines.
Note: The essential functions outlined in this job description are intended to describe the general content and requirements of the position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the position.
- Master of Science in Nursing (MSN), Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP), or Physician Assistant Master's Degree from an Accredited Program.
- Current certification and valid licensure as a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant in the State of Arizona required.
- Current valid license as a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant in the State of Arizona required.
- Must be familiar with the standard concepts, practices, and procedures in cardiovascular medicine.
- Must maintain active privileges at participating hospitals and meet all requirements.
- Current ACLS and BLS certification (must be obtained within 90 days if not current).
- Demonstrated critical thinking ability in order to resolve problems and carry out instructions.
- Ability to multi task.
- Excellent verbal communication skills with internal and external customers.
- Two years of experience in cardiovascular medicine in either hospital or office setting preferred.
- Previous experience in CVICU or CCU preferred.
In addition to fostering a positive work environment with internal career growth opportunities for our employees, we offer a generous comprehensive Total Rewards Package that includes:
- Competitive wages
- Monday-Friday work schedules
- Health, Dental & Vision Coverage (1st of the month following 60 days of employment for full-time, regular employees)**
- 401(k) retirement plan**
- Paid Time Off (PTO)**
- Paid Sick Leave (PSL)
- 7 Company Paid Holidays**
- 100% Company Paid Life Insurance**
- Supplemental Insurance**
- Health and Wellness Program with incentives attached**
- Employee Assistance Programs**
- Opportunities for quarterly bonus incentives**
- Employee discounts
**Available for full-time, regular employees of Tri-City Cardiology after meeting certain eligibility requirements
Tri-City Cardiology is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal employment opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.
For more information about career opportunities with Tri-City Cardiology, please visit our career site at: jobs.tricitycardiology.com
About Tri-City Cardiology
At Tri-City Cardiology, patient satisfaction is a top priority. Our team of physicians and staff are dedicated to providing high quality care and outstanding patient service so that every encounter is a positive experience! To maintain the highest degree of patient confidence, the practice relies on the Press Ganey system for scoring patient satisfaction.
Each of the 24 board-certified physicians on the staff of Tri-City Cardiology are dedicated to bringing only the best cardiovascular care to their patients based on clinical guidelines established by their specialty boards and fellowship programs. Each one is a leader in his or her field of specialty, many earning the distinction of “Top Doctor” recognition by Phoenix Magazine since the practice was established in 1979. As graduates from some of the nation’s leading medical schools and fellowship programs, the Tri-City Cardiology team of physicians enjoys a national reputation for excellence and achievement.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 19-054