Pharmacy Technician - Cardiology Clinic - East Mesa
If you are seeking to join a stable and established organization with high employee and patient satisfaction ratings, then Tri-City Cardiology is for you! Tri-City Cardiology has been serving the healthcare needs of the East Valley for 40 years.
We are searching for a customer service oriented Pharmacy Technician to join our dynamic team! If you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment for a company that truly cares about the service provided to their patients and putting quality care first, this may be an ideal position for you!
Tri-City Cardiology has a vision “To be among the best providers of cardiovascular care in the entire country and be a place where employees want to work, patients want to receive care and physicians want to practice.”
Consistent with our vision, we constantly strive to improve our employee satisfaction. Tri-City Cardiology has been voted a Top Place to Work by the Phoenix Business Journal. Annual employee satisfaction surveys are conducted to obtain feedback on how we can continue to make Tri-City Cardiology the best place to work.
Join our exceptional team of Pharmacy Technicians in this stable specialty within the healthcare industry!
Location: Mesa Baywood - Power Rd/Broadway Rd
Schedule: 4x10, 7:00am-5:30pm. No nights or weekends!
This position assists patients with medication refills and prescription questions as needed in patient care. This position works collaboratively with clinical and non-clinical personnel, physicians, and all ancillary services. This position is responsible for completing medication audits, prior authorizations, answering phone calls and tasks, and informing medical assistants, physicians and patients as it relates to medication information.
- Receives and processes faxed prescription refill requests and collaborates with pharmacies and patients as needed to process these requests within expected time frame.
- Follows TCC policy and procedure as well as DEA regulations relative to processing Erx, mail order, and faxes prescriptions.
- Requires knowledge of Prior Authorization processes, ability to complete forms, reviews chart for required information, documentation of process, collaborate with providers, and coordinate peer to peer reviews and management of appeal and denial processes.
- Responsible for informing medical assistants, physicians and patients as it relates to medication information, medication interactions, assistant programs, insurance coverage, sample ordering and distribution at multiple locations.
- Maintains updated knowledge of cardiac medications, formularies, and pharmacy processes.
- Accurately updates and documents patient medications and allergies in patient record.
- Reviews and educates patients regarding their medications within scope of practice.
- Ensures the sample medications closets are: inventoried, cleaned and date labeled appropriately at multiple locations.
- Acts as liaison between physicians, staff and pharmaceutical reps to receive medication samples, patient assistant program information, and educational material at multiple locations.
Note: The essential functions outlined in this job description are intended to describe the general content and requirements of the position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the position.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Certified Pharmacy Technician
- One year of Pharmacy Tech experience required.
- 40 wpm typing
- Demonstrated critical thinking ability in order to resolve problems and carry out instructions.
- Ability to multi task.
- Excellent verbal communication skills in an effective, clear, calm, friendly and professional manner.
- Ability to effectively communicate to all internal and external customers.
- Manages tasks in a timely fashion.
- Knowledge of basic computer and math skills.
- Ability to read and interpret documents.
- Cardiology experience preferred.
In addition to fostering a positive work environment with internal career growth opportunities for our employees, we offer a generous comprehensive Total Rewards Package that includes:
- Competitive wages
- Monday-Friday work schedules
- Health, Dental & Vision Coverage (1st of the month following 60 days of employment for full-time, regular employees)**
- 401(k) retirement plan**
- Paid Time Off (PTO)**
- Paid Sick Leave (PSL)
- 7 Company Paid Holidays**
- 100% Company Paid Life Insurance**
- Supplemental Insurance**
- Health and Wellness Program with incentives attached**
- Employee Assistance Programs**
- Opportunities for quarterly bonus incentives**
- Employee discounts
**Available for full-time, regular employees of Tri-City Cardiology after meeting certain eligibility requirements
Tri-City Cardiology is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal employment opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.
For more information about career opportunities with Tri-City Cardiology, please visit our career site at: jobs.tricitycardiology.com
About Tri-City Cardiology
At Tri-City Cardiology, patient satisfaction is a top priority. Our team of physicians and staff are dedicated to providing high quality care and outstanding patient service so that every encounter is a positive experience! To maintain the highest degree of patient confidence, the practice relies on the Press Ganey system for scoring patient satisfaction.
Each of the 24 board-certified physicians on the staff of Tri-City Cardiology are dedicated to bringing only the best cardiovascular care to their patients based on clinical guidelines established by their specialty boards and fellowship programs. Each one is a leader in his or her field of specialty, many earning the distinction of “Top Doctor” recognition by Phoenix Magazine since the practice was established in 1979. As graduates from some of the nation’s leading medical schools and fellowship programs, the Tri-City Cardiology team of physicians enjoys a national reputation for excellence and achievement.
Pay: $15.45 to $20.10/hour
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 19-103