Phone Triage RN - Cardiology - East Valley
Do you pride yourself in putting patient care first? Are you looking for a full time position where you can utilize your cardiac and triage knowledge along with your critical thinking skills on a daily basis?
If you are seeking to join a stable and established organization with high employee and patient satisfaction ratings, then Tri-City Cardiology is for you! Tri-City Cardiology has been serving the healthcare needs of the East Valley for 40 years.
Due to continued growth, we are searching for an experienced Triage RN. Join our amazing team of RNs and work with an organization where your skill set will be highly valued, growth and development is encouraged, and where patient care is a priority!
This position is based at our Baywood location in Mesa (Power Rd./Broadway) with travel required to our other East Valley locations. Mileage reimbursement is provided for interoffice travel during the business day. We offer a great 4x10 schedule with no nights or weekends!
Tri-City Cardiology has a vision “To be among the best providers of cardiovascular care in the entire country and be a place where employees want to work, patients want to receive care and physicians want to practice.”
Consistent with our vision, we constantly strive to improve our employee satisfaction. Tri-City Cardiology has been voted a Top Place to Work by the Phoenix Business Journal. Annual employee satisfaction surveys are conducted to obtain feedback on how we can continue to make Tri-City Cardiology the best place to work.
This position assists providers with patient care in a medical office setting by managing triage calls, walk-in triage patients and leading emergency events.
- Manage all incoming calls that contain clinical concerns that need to be addressed for the entire organization.
- Management of all clinical triage issues of TCC patients that present in the clinic at multiple locations.
- Ability to make decisions on adjustment of medications doses and provide clinical care instructions without provider involvement as supported by the established guidelines.
- Knowledge and ability to accurately document all interactions and processes completed in the chart.
- Required to be BLS and ACLS certified and to respond to, and act as a lead in all levels of emergencies in the office.
- Assist in supporting all clinical and non-clinical departments throughout the organization with clinical questions and concerns that are in the scope of practice of an RN and according to the established guidelines.
- Responsible for reviewing and managing all cardiac monitoring alerts with the oversight and instruction of the providers.
- Responsible for the management and coordination of the Hepatitis B and or TB clinic needs of organizational staff and physicians upon request.
- Ability to direct the patient to the appropriate level of medical support needed based on the assessment. Level of medical support may include but not limited to; primary care provider, urgent care facility or emergency care facility.
- Ability to manage medication questions or concerns and assist in managing Note: The essential functions outlined in this job description are intended to describe the general content and requirements of the position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the position.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Current valid Arizona RN license.
- Two years RN experience required.
- Cardiology experience required.
- Current ACLS certification (must be obtained within 90 days if not current).
- Current BLS certification (must be obtained within 90 days if not current) .
- 40 wpm typing.
- Demonstrated critical thinking ability in order to resolve problems and carry out instructions.
- Ability to multi task.
- Excellent verbal communication skills in an effective, clear, calm, friendly and professional manner. Demonstrates a high sense of urgency at all times.
- Ability to effectively communicate to all internal and external customers.
- Manages tasks in a timely fashion.
- Knowledge of basic computer and math skills.
- Ability to read and interpret documents.
- Patient education and triage experience preferred.
In addition to fostering a positive work environment with internal career growth opportunities for our employees, we offer a generous comprehensive Total Rewards Package that includes:
- Competitive wages
- Monday-Friday work schedules*
- Health, Dental & Vision Coverage (1st of the month following 60 days of employment for full-time, regular employees)**
- 401(k) retirement plan**
- Paid Time Off (PTO)**
- Paid Sick Leave (PSL)
- 7 Company Paid Holidays**
- 100% Company Paid Life Insurance**
- Supplemental Insurance**
- Health and Wellness Program with incentives attached**
- Employee Assistance Programs**
- Opportunities for quarterly bonus incentives**
- Employee discounts
**Available for full-time, regular employees of Tri-City Cardiology after meeting certain eligibility requirements
Tri-City Cardiology is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal employment opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.
For more information about career opportunities with Tri-City Cardiology, please visit our career site at: jobs.tricitycardiology.com
About Tri City Cardiology
At Tri-City Cardiology, patient satisfaction is a top priority. Our team of physicians and staff are dedicated to providing you with high quality care and outstanding patient service so that every encounter is a positive experience! Each of the 24 board-certified physicians on the staff of Tri-City Cardiology are dedicated to bringing only the best cardiology and vascular care to their patients in the Phoenix Metro area. Each one is a leader in his or her field of specialty, many earning the distinction of “Top Doctor” recognition by Phoenix Magazine since the practice was established in 1979. As graduates from some of the nation’s leading medical schools and fellowship programs. The Tri-City Cardiology team of physicians enjoys a national reputation for excellence and achievement.
To maintain the highest degree of patient confidence, the practice relies on the Press Ganey system for scoring patient satisfaction. Our physicians are focused on providing quality cardiovascular services based on the clinic guidelines established by their specialty boards.and fellowship programs, the Tri-City Cardiology team of physicians enjoys a national reputation for excellence and achievement.
Our physicians work closely with East Valley hospitals to bring state-of-the-art diagnostic, treatment and preventative services to the community.
Pay: $31.25 to $43.13/hour
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 19-022