Practice Manager - Cardiology - East Valley
Tri-City Cardiology has a vision “To be among the best providers of cardiovascular care in the entire country and be a place where employees want to work, patients want to receive care and physicians want to practice.
If you have previous experience in healthcare and are patient and team focused, we want to speak with you! We are currently searching for a Manager to oversee 2 of our busy clinic locations in Mesa and Gilbert.
This position manages the day to day operations of the assigned clinic sites and is responsible for the planning, administration, direction, coordination and supervision of the clinic operations and staff. The incumbent in this role provides the management of efficient operational workflows and patient throughput while maintaining the highest level of patient, physician, and employee satisfaction. Incumbents in this position have supervisors as direct reports and provide managerial oversight and training to all assigned clinic staff.
- Manages daily operations of all assigned areas in conjunction with supervisory staff and in accordance with practice guidelines and regulatory requirements. Works with other site managers to ensure consistency and accuracy from site to site. Supports all direct report supervisors and staff utilizing management to do’s, orientation, training, and assistance with process improvement activities to maintain high quality and efficiency for maximum productivity.
- Provides support to the physicians to ensure their daily clinic flow is smooth and efficient and that their patient care needs are met. Addresses any physician concerns and if needed works with COO to resolve them.
- Maintains oversight of their assigned areas of responsibility as well as looks at the global practice picture to identify resource utilization and needs. Works with the COO and other site managers to evaluate resource needs and implements processes to maximize utilization of those resources. .
- Recommend and assist in the implementation of goals and objectives; implement approved policies and procedures.
- Respond to patient inquiries and complaints in a courteous manner, provide information, resolves complaints in an efficient and timely manner.
- Responsible for all aspects of managing and leading clinic staff including: interviewing, hiring, training, developing, directing work and processes, managing performance, recognizing, and rewarding employees. Manages employee complaints and grievances and discipline. Apportions work among members of the team. Completes 90 day and annual employee reviews on time, facilitates completion of 30 day new hire reviews. Achieves patient, employee and physician satisfaction initiatives. Maintains personnel records and completes payroll processes timely. Ensures all staff receive initial and ongoing training and support in their areas of work to allow them to be high performers and highly productive.
- Responsible for departmental budgets and expenses. Assist with forecast and responsible for meeting budget goals.
- Maintains good working knowledge of various software programs associated with areas of responsibility including the main EMR/PM System. Assists supervisors, staff, and physicians with IT support issues and works with IT to help resolve it.
- Performs inventory control for office and medical supplies and equipment, places orders as needed. Oversees proper use and obtains repairs of office and medical equipment. Manages facility issues with property management.
- Participates as an active member of the following committees:
- Management Team
- EHR Committee
The essential functions outlined in this job description are intended to describe the general content and requirements of the position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the position.
- Bachelor’s degree in Healthcare Management or applicable area of Science or Business Administration
- Four years of medical office management experience required.
- Minimum two years of experience in supervision required.
- Knowledge of ICD and CPT codes.
- Current BLS certification (must be obtained in 90 days if not current)
- Extensive knowledge of Excel, Word, Power Point, and other position specific software.
- Excellent professional written and verbal communication/interpersonal skills.
- Ability to develop and deliver effective presentations.
- Energy with high ethical standards and an appropriate professional image.
- Flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload.
- Able to handle high levels of stress satisfactorily while being congenial to employee manager and physicians.
- Typing 40 wpm.
- Management in cardiology office preferred
- NextGen knowledge preferred
In addition to fostering a positive work environment with internal career growth opportunities for our employees, we offer a generous comprehensive Total Rewards Package that includes:
- Competitive wages
- Monday-Friday work schedules*
- Health, Dental & Vision Coverage (1st of the month following 30 days of service for Managers)**
- 401(k) retirement plan**
- Paid Time Off (PTO)**
- Paid Sick Leave (PSL)
- 7 Company Paid Holidays**
- 100% Company Paid Life Insurance**
- Supplemental Insurance**
- Health and Wellness Program with incentives attached**
- Employee Assistance Programs**
- Opportunities for quarterly bonus incentives**
- Employee discounts
- Employee Recognition & Rewards Programs
Tri-City Cardiology is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal employment opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.
**Available for full-time, regular employees of Tri-City Cardiology after meeting certain eligibility requirements
Job Status: Full Time