Practice Manager II - Cardiology - East Valley
If you are seeking to join a stable and established organization with high employee and patient satisfaction ratings, then Tri-City Cardiology is for you! Tri-City Cardiology has been serving the healthcare needs of the East Valley for 40 years.
We are looking for a dynamic Practice Manager to oversee one of our clinic locations (Vein Center) in addition to our busy call center and medical records department - all located at our Administrative Offices in East Mesa. (Power Rd/US 60)
Tri-City Cardiology has a vision “To be among the best providers of cardiovascular care in the entire country and be a place where employees want to work, patients want to receive care and physicians want to practice.”
Consistent with our vision, we constantly strive to improve our employee satisfaction. Tri-City Cardiology has been voted a Top Place to Work by the Phoenix Business Journal. Annual employee satisfaction surveys are conducted to obtain feedback on how we can continue to make Tri-City Cardiology the best place to work.
Join our exceptional leadership team in a challenging role that offers the chance to be part of this ever changing and stable specialty within the healthcare industry!
This position manages the day to day operations of the assigned clinic sites and is responsible for the planning, administration, direction, coordination and supervision of the clinic operations and staff. The incumbent in this role provides the management of efficient operational workflows and patient throughput while maintaining the highest level of patient, physician, and employee satisfaction. Incumbents in this position have supervisors as direct reports and provide managerial oversight and training to all assigned clinic staff.
- Manages daily operations of all assigned areas in conjunction with supervisory staff and in accordance with practice guidelines and regulatory requirements. Works with other site managers to ensure consistency and accuracy from site to site. Supports all direct report supervisors and staff utilizing management to do’s, orientation, training, and assistance with process improvement activities to maintain high quality and efficiency for maximum productivity.
- Provides support to the physicians to ensure their daily clinic flow is smooth and efficient and that their patient care needs are met. Addresses any physician concerns and if needed works with COO to resolve them.
- Maintains oversight of their assigned areas of responsibility as well as looks at the global practice picture to identify resource utilization and needs. Works with the COO and other site managers to evaluate resource needs and implements processes to maximize utilization of those resources.
- Recommend and assist in the implementation of goals and objectives; implement approved policies and procedures.
- Respond to patient inquiries and complaints in a courteous manner, provide information, resolves complaints in an efficient and timely manner.
- Responsible for all aspects of managing and leading clinic staff including: interviewing, hiring, training, developing, directing work and processes, managing performance, recognizing, and rewarding employees. Manages employee complaints and grievances and discipline. Apportions work among members of the team. Completes 90 day and annual employee reviews on time, facilitates completion of 30 day new hire reviews. Achieves patient, employee and physician satisfaction initiatives. Maintains personnel records and completes payroll processes timely. Ensures all staff receive initial and ongoing training and support in their areas of work to allow them to be high performers and highly productive.
- Responsible for departmental budgets and expenses. Assist with forecast and responsible for meeting budget goals.
- Maintains good working knowledge of various software programs associated with areas of responsibility including the main EMR/PM System. Assists supervisors, staff, and physicians with IT support issues and works with IT to help resolve it.
- Performs inventory control for office and medical supplies and equipment, places orders as needed. Oversees proper use and obtains repairs of office and medical equipment. Manages facility issues with property management.
- Participates as an active member of the following committees: Management Team, EHR Committee and Any other assigned Team
Note: The essential functions outlined in this job description are intended to describe the general content and requirements of the position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the position.
- Bachelor’s degree in Healthcare Management or applicable area of Science or Business Administration required
- Four years of medical office management experience required.
- Knowledge of ICD and CPT codes.
- Current BLS certification (must be obtained in 90 days if not current)
- Extensive knowledge of Excel, Word, Power Point, and other position specific software.
- Excellent professional written and verbal communication/interpersonal skills.
- Ability to develop and deliver effective presentations.
- Energetic leader with high ethical standards and an appropriate professional image.
- Flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload.
- Able to handle high levels of stress satisfactorily while being congenial to employee manager and physicians.
- Management experience in cardiology office preferred
- NextGen EMR knowledge preferred
In addition to fostering a positive work environment with internal career growth opportunities for our employees, we offer a generous comprehensive Total Rewards Package that includes:
- Competitive wages
- Monday-Friday work schedules
- Health, Dental & Vision Coverage (1st of the month following 60 days of employment for full-time, regular employees)**
- 401(k) retirement plan**
- Paid Time Off (PTO)**
- Paid Sick Leave (PSL)
- 7 Company Paid Holidays**
- 100% Company Paid Life Insurance**
- Supplemental Insurance**
- Health and Wellness Program with incentives attached**
- Employee Assistance Programs**
- Opportunities for quarterly bonus incentives**
- Employee discounts
**Available for full-time, regular employees of Tri-City Cardiology after meeting certain eligibility requirements
Tri-City Cardiology is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal employment opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.
For more information about career opportunities with Tri-City Cardiology, please visit our career site at: jobs.tricitycardiology.com
About Tri-City Cardiology
At Tri-City Cardiology, patient satisfaction is a top priority. Our team of physicians and staff are dedicated to providing high quality care and outstanding patient service so that every encounter is a positive experience! To maintain the highest degree of patient confidence, the practice relies on the Press Ganey system for scoring patient satisfaction.
Each of the 24 board-certified physicians on the staff of Tri-City Cardiology are dedicated to bringing only the best cardiovascular care to their patients based on clinical guidelines established by their specialty boards and fellowship programs. Each one is a leader in his or her field of specialty, many earning the distinction of “Top Doctor” recognition by Phoenix Magazine since the practice was established in 1979. As graduates from some of the nation’s leading medical schools and fellowship programs, the Tri-City Cardiology team of physicians enjoys a national reputation for excellence and achievement.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 19-066