PRN Advanced Medical Assistant - Vein Center -East Mesa (22067)
If you are seeking to join a stable and established organization with high employee and patient satisfaction ratings, then Tri-City Cardiology is for you! Tri-City Cardiology has been serving the healthcare needs of the East Valley for 40 years.
We are searching for a caring and compassionate Advanced Medical Assistant to join our dynamic team on a PRN basis! If you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment for a company that truly cares about the service provided to their patients and putting quality care first, this may be an ideal position for you!
This position is based at our Vein Center location (Power Rd./US 60) in East Mesa.
Tri-City Cardiology has a vision "To be among the best providers of cardiovascular care in the entire country and be a place where employees want to work, patients want to receive care and physicians want to practice."
Consistent with our vision, we constantly strive to improve our employee satisfaction. Tri-City Cardiology has been voted a Top Place to Work by the Phoenix Business Journal. Annual employee satisfaction surveys are conducted to obtain feedback on how we can continue to make Tri-City Cardiology the best place to work.
Join our exceptional team of Medical Assistants in this stable specialty within the healthcare industry!
This position assists physicians with patient care in the Vein Clinic and general medical office setting through the performance of all Medical Assistant activities.
- Assists the Vein Clinic Coordinator with the Vein Clinic Schedule for both US Studies and VNUS Ablation Procedures.
- Coordinates the patients course of treatment in the Vein clinic by:
- providing procedure education
- scheduling appropriate appointments for US studies, procedures, and follow up visits
- Submits documentation to the Authorization department for procedure authorization
- Assists the physicians with VNUS Procedures by prepping the room, supplies, and the patient utilizing proper Sterile Technique.
- Obtains vitals and any pertinent patient information pre, peri, and post procedure with proper documentation in the electronic health record.
- Performs post procedural follow up phone calls to patients.
- Promptly addresses patient concerns via telephone or tasks as they relate to procedure education and counseling.
- Works with physician to ensure accurate reporting of procedure and documentation of patient symptoms in electronic health record.
- Works with ultrasound technicians to optimize schedules.
- Performs stocking fittings on patients and appropriately charges on the fee ticket in NextGen.
Note: The essential functions outlined in this job description are intended to describe the general content and requirements of the position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the position.
This position is a safety-sensitive position in accordance with Arizona Revised Statutes § 23-493 (9).
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Medical Assistant diploma.
- Current BLS certification (must be obtained in 90 days if not current)
- 40 wpm typing
- Demonstrated critical thinking ability in order to resolve problems and carry out instructions.
- Ability to multi task.
- Excellent verbal communication skills in an effective, clear, calm, friendly and professional manner. Demonstrates a high sense of urgency at all times.
- Ability to effectively communicate to all internal and external customers.
- Manages tasks in a timely fashion.
- Knowledge of basic computer and math skills.
- Ability to read and interpret documents.
- Previous MA (advance) experience preferred.
- Medical Assistant certification preferred.
- Knowledge of experience with sterile technique preferred.
- Knowledge of basic venous anatomy preferred.