PRN Nuclear Medicine Technologist (22044)
If you are seeking to join a stable and established organization with high employee and patient satisfaction ratings, then Tri-City Cardiology is for you! Tri-City Cardiology has been serving the healthcare needs of the East Valley for 40 years.
We are searching for an experienced Nuclear Medicine Technologist to join our dynamic team on a PRN/As Needed basis. If you are passionate about providing the highest level of customer service and patient care, we want to speak with you!
Tri-City Cardiology has a vision "To be among the best providers of cardiovascular care in the entire country and be a place where employees want to work, patients want to receive care and physicians want to practice."
Consistent with our vision, we constantly strive to improve our employee satisfaction. Tri-City Cardiology has been voted a Top Place to Work by the Phoenix Business Journal. Annual employee satisfaction surveys are conducted to obtain feedback on how we can continue to make Tri-City Cardiology the best place to work.
This position safely conducts nuclear testing, per ICANL and ARRA Guidelines in a controlled setting.
- Performs regular quality control of nuclear equipment, nuclear camera and dose calibrator per ICANL protocols.
- Checks in pharmaceuticals, fill saline syringes for daily use and insure proper disposal of red contaminate bags and sharps container per OSHA requirements.
- Survey all incoming shipments of radiopharmaceuticals & Kits per ARRA and ICANL guidelines.
- Ensure proper placement of IVs for testing. Verify, per physician orders, medication to be administrated.
- Performs various modalities of nuclear testing acquiring proper images per testing protocols and per physician order and ICANL Policies.
- Monitors patients for physiologic symptoms during testing and reports to supervising physician as needed.
- Closely monitor the week’s schedule. Continue to inform the physician of schedule changes. Reschedule patient appointments as soon as notified of department changes.
- Assists with ICANL quality assurance monitoring and reporting for accreditation requirements.
Note: The essential functions outlined in this job description are intended to describe the general content and requirements of the position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the position.
This position is a safety-sensitive position in accordance with Arizona Revised Statutes § 23-493 (9).
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Completion of Nuclear Medicine Program.
- Nuclear Medicine Technologist certification required.
- 6 months related experience and/or training.
- Knowledge of medical and cardiac terminology.
- Current BLS certification (must be obtained in 90 days if not current)
- 40 wpm typing
- Demonstrated critical thinking ability in order to resolve problems and carry out instructions.
- Ability to multi task.
- Excellent verbal communication skills in an effective, clear, calm, friendly and professional manner. Demonstrates a high sense of urgency at all times.
- Ability to effectively communicate to all internal and external customers.
- Manages tasks in a timely fashion.
- Knowledge of basic computer and math skills.
- Ability to read and interpret documents.
Tri-City Cardiology is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal employment opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.
For more information about career opportunities with Tri-City Cardiology, please visit our career site at: jobs.tricitycardiology.com