Registrar Level II- Insurance Authorization/Referrals-Medical Billing
Do you have a knack for building rapport with people over the phone and enjoy making a difference? Do you have knowledge of medical billing and insurance and enjoy patient interaction? If so, then we are looking for you!
Tri-City Cardiology is widely known for its progressive and innovative approach to heart and vascular services. Our board certified cardiology physicians are experienced and skilled in diagnosis, treatment and prevention of coronary artery disease, heart valve abnormalities, heart arrhythmias, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol peripheral artery disease and stroke.
This position provides daily support for the financial services of our patients. Incumbents perform daily verification of patient financial information, call patients for notification of out-of-pocket (up-front cash) obligations based upon information provided by the verification process prior to check-in for the visit.
- Verifies patient eligibility with insurance companies and third party vendors.
- Obtains authorizations (MedSolutions, Navinet, AIM, etc.) for office visits, testing, cardiac rehabilitation, and any other outside facility procedure requiring authorizations and/or referral in a timely manner.
- Answers all incoming calls, updating demographic and insurance information.
- Explains TCC’s financial policy to patients and discusses financial responsibilities including co-pays, coinsurances, deductibles and time of service payments. Documents all conversations to assist front office with collections.
- Assists other departments with adding correct insurance information into patient charts.
- Ensures physician documentation supports payer requirements for authorization processing.
- Ensures follow through on peer-to-peer requests. Creates appeal letters when necessary.
- Schedules PET and Nuclear appointments after reviewing financial responsibilities with patient.
Note: The essential functions outlined in this job description are intended to describe the general content and requirements of the position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the position.
- High school diploma or GED.
- 40 wpm typing
- Demonstrated knowledge of ICD and CPT codes, billing practices and policies/procedures.
- Knowledge of basic computer and math skills.
- Demonstrated critical thinking ability in order to resolve problems and carry out instructions.
- Ability to multi task.
- Excellent verbal communication skills in an effective, clear, calm, friendly and professional manner.
- Ability to effectively communicate to all internal and external customers.
- Manages tasks in a timely fashion.
- Ability to read and interpret documents.
- Two to five years of experience with insurance companies preferred.
In addition to fostering a positive work environment with internal career growth opportunities for our employees, we offer a generous comprehensive Total Rewards Package that includes:
- Competitive wages
- Monday-Friday work schedules*
- Health, Dental & Vision Coverage (1st of the month following 60 days of employment for full-time, regular employees)**
- 401(k) retirement plan**
- Paid Time Off (PTO)**
- Paid Sick Leave (PSL)
- 7 Company Paid Holidays**
- 100% Company Paid Life Insurance**
- Supplemental Insurance**
- Health and Wellness Program with incentives attached**
- Employee Assistance Programs**
- Opportunities for quarterly bonus incentives**
- Employee discounts
- Employee Recognition & Rewards Program with opportunities to earn gift cards prizes and additional PTO**
Tri-City Cardiology is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal employment opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.
**Available for full-time, regular employees of Tri-City Cardiology after meeting certain eligibility requirements
Pay: $14 to $17/hour
We offer a comprehensive compensation package that includes competitive salaries as well as: Health Benefits, Dental Benefits, Vision Coverage, Disability, Company Sponsored Life Insurance, 401(k) Program (Company contribution up to 5% of annual salary), PTO (vacation, sick and personal time off), Paid Holidays and Employee Recognition Programs
Job Status: Full Time