RN - Anticoagulation Clinic - East Mesa
Do you pride yourself in putting patient care first? Are you looking for a full time position with a traditional schedule where you can utilize your Cardiology knowledge along with your critical thinking skills on a daily basis?
If you are seeking to join a stable and established organization with high employee and patient satisfaction ratings, then Tri-City Cardiology is for you! Tri-City Cardiology has been serving the healthcare needs of the East Valley for 40 years.
Due to continued growth, we are searching for an experienced RN for our busy Anticoagulation Clinic. Join our amazing team and work with an organization where your skill set will be highly valued, growth and development is encouraged, and where patient care is a priority!
Location: This position is based at our Superstition location in East Mesa (Power Rd./US 60) with travel required to our other East Valley locations as needed. Mileage reimbursement is provided for interoffice travel during the business day.
Schedule: We offer a great Monday-Friday 8am-5pm schedule! No nights or weekends!
Tri-City Cardiology has a vision “To be among the best providers of cardiovascular care in the entire country and be a place where employees want to work, patients want to receive care and physicians want to practice.”
Consistent with our vision, we constantly strive to improve our employee satisfaction. Tri-City Cardiology has been voted a Top Place to Work by the Phoenix Business Journal. Annual employee satisfaction surveys are conducted to obtain feedback on how we can continue to make Tri-City Cardiology the best place to work.
This position is responsible for the accurate monitoring and interpretation of lab values pertaining to anticoagulant agents and subsequent dosing of those agents per protocol for patients of Tri City Cardiology physicians. This position assists Tri City Cardiology physicians with accurate individualized patient monitoring.
- Performs complete clinical assessment and documentation according to department expectations and based on individual patient findings for patient in the office and remotely managed.
- Ability to determine Warfarin dosing and care plan based on clinical assessment and individual patient findings.
- Knowledge of the novel oral anticoagulant (NOAC) medications and NOAC therapy management.
- Ability to assess and provide a plan of care for patients receiving a bridging agent.
- Provides patient with accurate instructions, and safe and proper use of anticoagulant medication management.
- Responsible for coordination of peri-procedural requirements for patients on anticoagulants with multiple departments in the organization. Assists with collaboration with provider and ensuring surgical clearance process is completed.
- Comply with TCC and ACCP guidelines with patient care and INR/Warfarin management.
- Perform INR testing on patients via finger stick.
- Oversees and assists Medical Assistance with high level clinical issues that may be out of the scope of practice and as determined by policies and procedures.
- Required to respond to emergency events in all departments.
Note: The essential functions outlined in this job description are intended to describe the general content and requirements of the position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the position.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Current valid Arizona RN license.
- Cardiology experience required
- Current ACLS certification (must be obtained within 90 days if not current).
- Current BLS certification (must be obtained within 90 days if not current).
- 40 wpm typing.
- Completion of Anticoagulation Certification or equivalent education within one year of employment.
- Demonstrated critical thinking ability in order to resolve problems and carry out instructions.
- Ability to multi task.
- Excellent verbal communication skills in an effective, clear, calm, friendly and professional manner. Demonstrates a high sense of urgency at all times.
- Ability to effectively communicate to all internal and external customers.
- Manages tasks in a timely fashion.
- Knowledge of basic computer and math skills.
- Ability to read and interpret documents.
- Knowledge of anticoagulation management preferred.
In addition to fostering a positive work environment with internal career growth opportunities for our employees, we offer a generous comprehensive Total Rewards Package that includes:
- Competitive wages
- Monday-Friday work schedules*
- Health, Dental & Vision Coverage (1st of the month following 60 days of employment for full-time, regular employees)**
- 401(k) retirement plan**
- Paid Time Off (PTO)**
- Paid Sick Leave (PSL)
- 7 Company Paid Holidays**
- 100% Company Paid Life Insurance**
- Supplemental Insurance**
- Health and Wellness Program with incentives attached**
- Employee Assistance Programs**
- Opportunities for quarterly bonus incentives**
- Employee discounts
**Available for full-time, regular employees of Tri-City Cardiology after meeting certain eligibility requirements
Tri-City Cardiology is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal employment opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.
For more information about career opportunities with Tri-City Cardiology, please visit our career site at: jobs.tricitycardiology.com
About Tri-City Cardiology
At Tri-City Cardiology, patient satisfaction is a top priority. Our team of physicians and staff are dedicated to providing high quality care and outstanding patient service so that every encounter is a positive experience! To maintain the highest degree of patient confidence, the practice relies on the Press Ganey system for scoring patient satisfaction.
Each of the 25 board-certified physicians on the staff of Tri-City Cardiology are dedicated to bringing only the best cardiovascular care to their patients based on clinical guidelines established by their specialty boards and fellowship programs. Each one is a leader in his or her field of specialty, many earning the distinction of “Top Doctor” recognition by Phoenix Magazine since the practice was established in 1979. As graduates from some of the nation’s leading medical schools and fellowship programs, the Tri-City Cardiology team of physicians enjoys a national reputation for excellence and achievement.
Pay: $31.25 to $43.13/hour
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 19-124