RN Case Manager - Cardiology - East Mesa
If you are seeking to join a stable and established organization with high employee and patient satisfaction ratings, then Tri-City Cardiology is for you! Tri-City Cardiology has been serving the healthcare needs of the East Valley for 40 years.
We are searching for a caring and compassionate RN Case Manager to join our dynamic team! This exciting position has been newly created due to growth. If you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment for a company that truly cares about the service provided to their patients and putting quality care first, this may be an ideal position for you!
This position is based at our Mesa Baywood location (Power Rd/Broadway Rd/).
Monday-Friday schedule ~ No nights or weekends!
Tri-City Cardiology has a vision “To be among the best providers of cardiovascular care in the entire country and be a place where employees want to work, patients want to receive care and physicians want to practice.”
Consistent with our vision, we constantly strive to improve our employee satisfaction. Tri-City Cardiology has been voted a Top Place to Work by the Phoenix Business Journal. Annual employee satisfaction surveys are conducted to obtain feedback on how we can continue to make Tri-City Cardiology the best place to work.
Join our exceptional team in this stable specialty within the healthcare industry!
The case manager will provide telephonic case management/care coordination to Medicare beneficiaries for the Bundled Payment Program. The goal is to work collaboratively with our patients, providers and care givers to ensure a positive outcome, through the continuum of care.
- Responsible for managing a group of Medicare (and other payer) cardiology patients throughout a ninety day episode of care, as part of the Bundled Payment for Care Improvement initiative.
- Gather clinical information from the EMR and telephonic health assessments to determine risk stratification (this includes a comprehensive assessment of physical, emotional, psychosocial, and environmental needs of the patient).
- Document clinical assessments and care plans in the case management/EMR system. Complete and submit all hospital/office required documentation within established guidelines.
- Educate the patient and caregiver of the process and expectations of the health care delivery system throughout the course of care, Skilled Nursing Facility, Long Term Acute Care, Home Care, and Cardiac Rehabilitation.
- Develop and implement care plans throughout the transition of care to ensure the patient’s well-being. Communicate with providers and multi-disciplinary care team members to facilitate transition of services throughout the continuum of care.
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary team members in the acute, post-acute and outpatient settings to identify patient needs such as home health care, DME, physical therapy and community services.
- Work collaboratively with the Cardiologist to serve as a case manager and function as a liaison between the patient and physician to provide and ensure the highest quality of care.
- Follow up on patients at pre-determined intervals and as needed based on patient status - telephonic and/or on-site.
- Evaluate plan of care and revise on ongoing basis as determined by patient's health status and communicate changes to all other disciplines involved in the patient's care. Identify gaps or barriers in treatment plans to ensure that discharged patients receive appropriate resources and services.
- Understand the Bundled Payment Program design, implementation, management, monitoring and reporting requirements.
Note: The essential functions outlined in this job description are intended to describe the general content and requirements of the position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the position.
- High school diploma or GED
- Current valid Arizona RN license.
- Minimum of 2-3 years nursing experience in a hospital setting or telephonic case management experience required with emphasis in cardiology
- Cardiology experience required.
- Current ACLS certification (must be obtained within 90 days if not current).
- Current BLS certification (must be obtained within 90 days if not current).
- Typing at 40 wpm typing.
- Demonstrated critical thinking ability in order to resolve problems and carry out instructions.
- Ability to multi task and work independently.
- Excellent verbal communication skills in an effective, clear, calm, friendly and professional manner.
- Demonstrates a high sense of urgency at all times.
- Ability to effectively communicate to all internal and external customers.
- Manages tasks in a timely fashion.
- Knowledge of basic computer and math skills. Ability to read and interpret documents.
- Preferred candidates are BSN certified case managers or have experience with discharge planning, transitional care case management, or outpatient care coordination
- Certification in Case Management (CCM or ACM) preferred.
- Patient education and triage experience preferred.
- Medicare or Medicare Advantage experience preferred.
In addition to fostering a positive work environment with internal career growth opportunities for our employees, we offer a generous comprehensive Total Rewards Package that includes:
- Competitive wages
- Monday-Friday work schedules
- Health, Dental & Vision Coverage (1st of the month following 60 days of employment for full-time, regular employees)**
- 401(k) retirement plan**
- Paid Time Off (PTO)**
- Paid Sick Leave (PSL)
- 7 Company Paid Holidays**
- 100% Company Paid Life Insurance**
- Supplemental Insurance**
- Health and Wellness Program with incentives attached**
- Employee Assistance Programs**
- Opportunities for quarterly bonus incentives**
- Employee discounts
**Available for full-time, regular employees of Tri-City Cardiology after meeting certain eligibility requirements
Tri-City Cardiology is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal employment opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.
For more information about career opportunities with Tri-City Cardiology, please visit our career site at: jobs.tricitycardiology.com
About Tri City Cardiology
At Tri-City Cardiology, patient satisfaction is a top priority. Our team of physicians and staff are dedicated to providing high quality care and outstanding patient service so that every encounter is a positive experience! To maintain the highest degree of patient confidence, the practice relies on the Press Ganey system for scoring patient satisfaction.
Each of the 24 board-certified physicians on the staff of Tri-City Cardiology are dedicated to bringing only the best cardiovascular care to their patients based on clinical guidelines established by their specialty boards and fellowship programs. Each one is a leader in his or her field of specialty, many earning the distinction of “Top Doctor” recognition by Phoenix Magazine since the practice was established in 1979. As graduates from some of the nation’s leading medical schools and fellowship programs, the Tri-City Cardiology team of physicians enjoys a national reputation for excellence and achievement.
Pay: $31.25 to $43.13/hour
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 20-003