Systems Data Analyst EHR
If you want to work with a company where your skill set will be highly valued and growth and development is encouraged, then Tri-City Cardiology may be the place you are looking for!
We are searching for an EHR Systems Data Analyst. As a member of our Team, you will be responsible for abstracting raw data from the NextGen Practice Management (PM), Electronic Medical Record (EMR), and HQM Portal as well as various other data sources using Crystal Reports, SQL, Access or NextGen Reports for Quality Reporting, Patient Satisfaction, Compliance, Financial Analysis, and operational workflows.
This position will report to the Chief Operating Officer and have close interaction with the Billing, Accounting and IT department. Knowledge of and experience in ambulatory health care setting is a plus. Communication skills must be superior to display enthusiasm with a calm and professional demeanor.
- Runs regular periodic reports for the various Quality Reporting, Patient Satisfaction, Compliance, and Financial Programs from the NextGen PM and EMR system as well as other databases based on program participation (e.g. Million Hearts Model).
- Creates and run special reports including Crystal Reports for proforma and data analysis as requested for special projects.
- Monitors NextGen services and interfaces daily and reports any issues to COO and System Administrator.
- Assists with troubleshooting errors resolving product or service issues presented by staff in the NextGen database and processes IT and NextGen tickets as needed.
- Communicate user issues to various internal departments to promptly and effectively address any outstanding issues.
- Educate and train users on an on-going basis to improve knowledge and use of products.
- Assists with moderate to large-scale PM and EMR projects including software enhancements and new features from beginning to completion, with an emphasis on customer service.
- Assists with writing guidelines for PM and EMR workflows.
Note: The essential functions outlined in this job description are intended to describe the general content and requirements of the position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the position.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- B.A. in computer science, information technology or other relevant degree.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in Health Information Management
- Proficiency in the use of Crystal Report, SQL, MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies as part of client support needs.
- Working technical knowledge of current protocols, operating systems, and standards
- Able to read and understand technical manuals, procedural documentation, and OEM guides.
- 40 wpm typing
- Flexible and efficient time management and the ability to prioritize workload.
- Excellent professional written and verbal communication/interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated critical thinking ability in order to resolve problems and carry out instructions.
- Ability to multi task, be self-motivated, well-organized and able to work in a highly energized team environment while working with multiple managers.
- Ability to manage high levels of stress satisfactorily while being congenial to employees, managers and physicians.
- Prior experience with healthcare software and medical record or physician billing services preferred.
- Knowledge of and experience in ambulatory health care setting is a plus.
- Experience in a Cardiology or Medical Practice setting with NextGen Software preferred.
In addition to fostering a positive work environment with internal career growth opportunities for our employees, we offer a generous comprehensive Total Rewards Package that includes:
- Competitive wages
- Monday-Friday work schedules*
- Health, Dental & Vision Coverage (1st of the month following 60 days of employment for full-time, regular employees)**
- 401(k) retirement plan**
- Paid Time Off (PTO)**
- Paid Sick Leave (PSL)
- 7 Company Paid Holidays**
- 100% Company Paid Life Insurance**
- Supplemental Insurance**
- Health and Wellness Program with incentives attached**
- Employee Assistance Programs**
- Opportunities for quarterly bonus incentives**
- Employee discounts
- Employee Recognition & Rewards Program with opportunities to earn gift cards prizes and additional PTO**
**Available for full-time, regular employees of Tri-City Cardiology after meeting certain eligibility requirements
Tri-City Cardiology is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal employment opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 18-160