Ultrasound Echo Technologist - East Valley (22326)
Tri-City Cardiology has a vision "To be among the best providers of cardiovascular care in the entire country and be a place where employees want to work, patients want to receive care and physicians want to practice."
We are currently seeking an Echo Technician to help support our growing practice. This position offers a great Monday-Friday schedule!
This position is responsible for safely conducting ultrasound studies in various settings per physician orders. This position assists the physician by performing Echo portions of Stress Echo’s, M-Mode, 2D, Color and Doppler Studies, Carotids, Bubble studies, and other vascular ultrasound studies as requested and as certification status permits.
The incumbents in this position perform all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements. Adhering to the requirement in the employee handbook as well as adhering to Tri City’s Standards of Behavior is required.
- Performs testing within appropriate time frame per accreditation guidelines.
- Maintains accuracy standards of 95% or higher with data entry.
- Maintains accuracy standards of 95% or higher with worksheet statement selection.
- Performs accurate measurement of appropriate organ system.
- Reviews physician order and diagnosis to ensure accuracy.
- Ensures patient understands test and procedure.
- Ensures completed testing goes to the appropriate physician.
- Maintains a clean room, stocked with necessary supplies.
- Assists in training and mentoring new hires or externs as needed.
Note: The essential functions of the job are intended to describe the general content and requirements of the position and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties.
This position is a safety-sensitive position in accordance with Arizona Revised Statutes § 23-493 (9).
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Appropriate registry credential RDCS or RCS.
- Knowledge of arrhythmias.
- Cardiac and vascular pathology experience.
- Current BLS certification (must be obtained in 90 days if not current).
- 40 wpm typing.
- Demonstrates critical thinking ability in order to resolve problems and carry out instructions.
- Ability to multi task.
- Excellent verbal communication skills in an effective, clear, calm, friendly and professional manner. Demonstrates a high sense of urgency at all times.
- Ability to effectively communicate to all internal and external customers.
- Manages tasks in a timely fashion.
- Knowledge of basic computer and math skills.
- Ability to read and interpret documents.
- RVS or RVT registry preferred