Vascular Ultrasound Technologist - PRN Only - East Mesa
If you are seeking to join a stable and established organization with high employee and patient satisfaction ratings, then Tri-City Cardiology is for you! Tri-City Cardiology has been serving the healthcare needs of the East Valley for 40 years.
Consistent with our vision, we constantly strive to improve our employee satisfaction. Tri-City Cardiology has been voted a Top Place to Work by the Phoenix Business Journal. Annual employee satisfaction surveys are conducted to obtain feedback on how we can continue to make Tri-City Cardiology the best place to work.
Tri-City Cardiology has a vision “To be among the best providers of cardiovascular care in the entire country and be a place where employees want to work, patients want to receive care and physicians want to practice.
Due to continued growth, we are searching for a Vascular Ultrasound Technologist to join our exceptional team on an as needed basis.
This position is located at our Vein Center (Power Rd./US 60)).
This position contributes to the company mission by safely conducting Vascular US studies, specifically venous mapping studies and US guided Venous Ablation including lower extremity venous (DVT) studies as ordered by the physician in a controlled environment. This position also assists the physician by performing post procedure ultrasounds as requested.
- Perform testing per IAC Guidelines (primarily venous mapping, US and US guided venous ablation procedures) and in appropriate time frame as per office protocol.
- Checks physician order and diagnosis in the EHR chart for accuracy and per appropriate use
- Ensures patient understands test and procedure.
- Ensures completed testing goes to appropriate personnel.
- Maintains accurate log of testing performed.
- Performs accurate measurement of appropriate organ systems as per protocol
- Maintains accuracy in data entry 95% accuracy threshold is required.
- Maintains accuracy in selection of statements 95% accuracy threshold is required.
- Maintains inventory of supplies and cleans as needed.
Note: The essential functions outlined in this job description are intended to describe the general content and requirements of the position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the position.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Appropriate registry credential RVS or RVT or Registry eligible to reach registry status within one year of employment consistent with ICAVL standards.
- Experience in vascular pathology.
- Current BLS certification (must be obtained in 90 days if not current)
- 40 wpm typing
- Demonstrated critical thinking ability in order to resolve problems and carry out instructions.
- Ability to multi task.
- Excellent verbal communication skills in an effective, clear, calm, friendly and professional manner. Demonstrates a high sense of urgency at all times.
- Ability to effectively communicate to all internal and external customers.
- Manages tasks in a timely fashion.
- Knowledge of basic computer and math skills.
- Ability to read and interpret documents.
- Appropriate registry credential RVS or RVT.
Tri-City Cardiology is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal employment opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 19-085